I don't like this Feeling in my Head

If football was more of a level playing field. If the right manager could take you to the very top. If a recently promoted team had a chance of a top 4 finish. If there wasn't a big 4 that no-one else can compete with financially.

If there were quotas on non-home grown players. If there was a wage cap. If there was a transfer draft. If....

I might agree. But football has been on a slippery slope since gate reciepts stopped being shared. Then the Premiership started. Then the Champions League provided regular exessive income to the big two, three, four as the places allocated increased.

Villa have a billionaire owner. The big 4 have rich owners. The only way football will be fairer in the near future is if another 90 billionaire's turn up.

We've been supporting city and paying for tickets when there was no chance we would win anything simply because we hadn't got enough money. Nothing has changed in football - but everything has changed for us. Let's smile and enjoy :)

If football was more of a level playing field. If the right manager could take you to the very top. If a recently promoted team had a chance of a top 4 finish. If there wasn't a big 4 that no-one else can compete with financially.

If there were quotas on non-home grown players. If there was a wage cap. If there was a transfer draft. If....

I might agree. But football has been on a slippery slope since gate reciepts stopped being shared. Then the Premiership started. Then the Champions League provided regular exessive income to the big two, three, four as the places allocated increased.

Villa have a billionaire owner. The big 4 have rich owners. The only way football will be fairer in the near future is if another 90 billionaire's turn up.

We've been supporting city and paying for tickets when there was no chance we would win anything simply because we hadn't got enough money. Nothing has changed in football - but everything has changed for us. Let's smile and enjoy :)

I can see your point but we have to make the most of this. This is the only way in todays game of being succesful. We have to put up with other clubs spending millions more than us in the past and now we have leap frogged them all. All the teams which have been successful have had to splash the cash. You may get some fairy tale story of some underdog team winning a cup every BLUEMOON but it is very rare. The only way to do it is splash the cash unless your prepared for mediocrity all the time.

The game went mad years ago and its the harsh reality of todays football climate I'm afraid. Lets make the most of it

to be fair we cant blame MCFC on our countries fiancial meltdown can we. heard some ridiculous comments today. blame the fucking government.
bring on kaka

Pezzer2 said:
I can see your point but we have to make the most of this. This is the only way in todays game of being succesful. We have to put up with other clubs spending millions more than us in the past and now we have leap frogged them all. All the teams which have been successful have had to splash the cash. You may get some fairy tale story of some underdog team winning a cup every BLUEMOON but it is very rare. The only way to do it is splash the cash unless your prepared for mediocrity all the time.

The game went mad years ago and its the harsh reality of todays football climate I'm afraid. Lets make the most of it

I agree, as much as I hate to, as I class myself as old school. Look at Chelsea before Abrhamovic. They had a decent squad and manager to boot, but they wouldn't have won the league twice without the cash injection he gave them. In fact, they'd probably be up and down as much as we are right now.

BimboBob said:
It's not often i start posts but i've got something nagging in the back of my head that i can't shift.Obviously it's about Kaka and all this on/off/will he/won't he transfer business.

To be honest i'm a little embarressed to be a City fan at the moment.I've been a blue since i was old enough to kick a ball(i'm 42 now).I have seen my beloved club rise,fall,rise and fall only to rise again and never once have i felt like this.I've cried tears of joy,happiness and sadness but i have never felt like this.

£100+ million? £250-500 thousand a week? What have we become? Is any player worth this sort of cash to be spent? The whole world is in financial melt down and we go and do this.It is total madness.Of course i want Man City to be the best team in the land/Europe/wherever but i would like to do it the City way.Buy some players,bring in the youth,build a team,play decent football and above all be repected by other football fans.

We are fast turning into the scum or Chelsea.Buying players for massive amounts and trying to buy the league.

Players like Bridge i could cope with,decent money for a decent player,Robinho was fantasy football and the right price for the player but Kaka? This will(if it hasn't already) turn us into a hated team like that other lot near Manchester and i would hate for this to happen.

I hope i'm wrong.I really do.

I know where you are coming from mate, I reckon a lot of City fans feel this way because we are use to having / winning very little...unless you remember the 60's and the great City teams of the 40's & 50's who attracted crowds over 80,000+.

Our potential is awesome, just get use to the fact that we will soon have one of the worlds greatest football teams (might take a couple of years). Once the trophies start to land you will like the "Feeling in your head". :-)

We're trying to bring a legendary player to the league, true football fans should be pleased at the prospect -privilege- of seeing him playing in our league week in week out.

So when we're shit and we have no money, that's not good enough.

When we're shit and have some money, that's not good enough.

When we're the richest club in the world and on the verge of signing THE best player in the world, all of a sudden we want to go back to the way things were?

For crying out loud guys, this is a dream come true! Let people say whatever they want, we have the potential to be the biggest and most succesful team in the world! How can you be complaining right now?

BimboBob said:
It's not often i start posts but i've got something nagging in the back of my head that i can't shift.Obviously it's about Kaka and all this on/off/will he/won't he transfer business.

To be honest i'm a little embarressed to be a City fan at the moment.I've been a blue since i was old enough to kick a ball(i'm 42 now).I have seen my beloved club rise,fall,rise and fall only to rise again and never once have i felt like this.I've cried tears of joy,happiness and sadness but i have never felt like this.

£100+ million? £250-500 thousand a week? What have we become? Is any player worth this sort of cash to be spent? The whole world is in financial melt down and we go and do this.It is total madness.Of course i want Man City to be the best team in the land/Europe/wherever but i would like to do it the City way.Buy some players,bring in the youth,build a team,play decent football and above all be repected by other football fans.

We are fast turning into the scum or Chelsea.Buying players for massive amounts and trying to buy the league.

Players like Bridge i could cope with,decent money for a decent player,Robinho was fantasy football and the right price for the player but Kaka? This will(if it hasn't already) turn us into a hated team like that other lot near Manchester and i would hate for this to happen.

I hope i'm wrong.I really do.
i hate to say it but almost every team in every big league always buys the title, so doing the same is the only way we can compete. as long as we dont end up doing the same as leeds united did a few years back then i'll be over the (blue) moon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.