I don't mind arsenal

Bombo

out of all the top teams in the premier league I have to say I have nothing against arsenal. I know they've given us a good hiding more times than I care to remember but their fans and their players never seem to gloat the way the rags, red dippers and chelski boys do. They play great football to watch and even when their fans make comments on our forum they are usually fair minded with their comments unlike the above teams and the usual misguided delusional blue dippers.
Having said that I hope we batter them next week but I would prefer them to win the league if it is beyond us this season than any other team especially as mr.wenger was kind enough to sell us adebayor and toure.

When they beat us 5 - 0, it was one of my proudest moments that at 4 - 0 (after 20 minutes) our fans were still belting out bluemoon.

I'll never forget the days of Overmars, Pires, Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Henry etc. They've had some lovely players at Highbury and it looks like it'll be the same at The Emirates with Arshavin.

C_T_I_D said:
When they beat us 5 - 0, it was one of my proudest moments that at 4 - 0 (after 20 minutes) our fans were still belting out bluemoon.

I'll never forget the days of Overmars, Pires, Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Henry etc. They've had some lovely players at Highbury and it looks like it'll be the same at The Emirates with Arshavin.

Sure does, I cant remember ever seeing another team get applause from the opposotion fans after a game, played some spectacular stuff back then.

Jnr Kisby said:
C_T_I_D said:

Sure does, I cant remember ever seeing another team get applause from the opposotion fans after a game, played some spectacular stuff back then.

Real Madrid fans applauding Ronaldinho in his first El Classico, I think. Never thought I'd see that day.

Yeh, its funny, Arse have never really been on my radar of dislike which is a bit wierd considering they have been a top4 club for many years which normall breeds a bit of contempt. Not sure if i ever had a soft spot for em either. Their football has been fantastic year on year since Wenger took over and like the OP, if we dont get there this year, then id be pretty much ok if Arse took the top spot.

C_T_I_D said:

The fans were great that day. Thankfully the arse took their foot off the gas or there was an even worse drubbing on the cards.

I agree. of the big 4, Arsenal are really the only I don't dislike. Don't care for the rest (obviously, f'em all). I like the way they have gone about building their club and I like the style of football they have played under Wenger. I have also enjoyed their rivalry with United over the years and of course, sided with them.

Well they do like a dive. Overmars, Pires, Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Henry all knew how to dive, and they have a few in todays team. So do they teach them how to dive, or did they do it before they went to Arsenal.

Same old Arsenal allways cheating.

i too dont mind arsenal.

i know they sometimes dive but more often than not they play football. and their approach is not about kicking other players during times i watch their matches. perhaps keown did a fair share but i just cant recall.

my only gripe was i thought henry had an air of arrogance when playing, but i guess that can be overlooked seeing he had a great eye for the game and did his job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.