I hate being told to sit down, when we are attacking....

bluemoonrisen21 said:
MCRJON said:
i think you should just be mindful of why people ask you to sit down. for home games i sit in Colin Bell levl one with my son who is 5 and my grandfather who is 80. One cant see even when he is standing and the other's knees dont work so stnading up and down isnt an option.

It wasnt us who you were near ill clarify, we would be more polite (the first time).

Its a real life advert for Safe stand and the FSF campaign but its all a no go in this country. If your in the SS or Asbo corner then i think standing is fair game and tobe expected, ditto at away games, but elsewhere in the stadium your going to find standing is more of a no no.

Asbo corner - where is that exactly?

109-111

jaiden said:
I sit In the 3rd tier of the Colin bell and its like a morgue ! The old fans in that stand are annoying as fuck as like the original poster i stand up and try and sing etc ... When the "stand up if you love city" chant starts literally noone around me stands up and I do and get told to sit down by an old fart behind ! Il tell him to do one next time

As President of The MCFC Old Fans In CBL3 Supporters Club yer need to get in 323. Cursing and swearing, standing and shouting, oh and me and Trevor sang BlueMoon in perfect harmony - but the rest of the stand thought we were just too good and felt they couldn't join in and spoil our rendition. And as soon as I find out who the shitehawk with the whistle is for the day, then he gets both barrels for the full ninety, or until he sees fit to point to the pen spot!

what i find funny about this is that the whole of the family stand, stand up at appropriate times. its natural, and anyone who complains needs to start watching on telly.

btw before anybody starts saying kids this pensioner that, I go every game with my 4 and 7 year old, and occasionally with my pensioner father. at no point has the crowd standing at exciting moments been a problem. my dad aint disabled, he walked to the stadium for example so he can stand up for periods of the game, he would grumble a bit if it was standing all game, but this is life. the kids either stand on their seats or i might hold them, I really dont know why this should cause problems for any one.

if you don't like this then you need to gat a disabled ticket or fuck off, totally selfish behaviour in my opinion.

while im here thanks for the lift in the golf kart form the car park to the stadium, we don't need it but saved us 2 minutes walking and energy to stand a handful of times during the match.
thank you

I blame the Sheik and Mancini for this.
We never had these problems when SP was manager.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:43 pm --<br /><br />I blame the Sheik and Mancini for this.
We never had these problems when SP was manager.

Howling Wolf said:
what i find funny about this is that the whole of the family stand, stand up at appropriate times. its natural, and anyone who complains needs to start watching on telly.

btw before anybody starts saying kids this pensioner that, I go every game with my 4 and 7 year old, and occasionally with my pensioner father. at no point has the crowd standing at exciting moments been a problem. my dad aint disabled, he walked to the stadium for example so he can stand up for periods of the game, he would grumble a bit if it was standing all game, but this is life. the kids either stand on their seats or i might hold them, I really dont know why this should cause problems for any one.

if you don't like this then you need to gat a disabled ticket or fuck off, totally selfish behaviour in my opinion.

while im here thanks for the lift in the golf kart form the car park to the stadium, we don't need it but saved us 2 minutes walking and energy to stand a handful of times during the match.
thank you

I see it the opposite way around, the ones standing up when we attack are being the selfish ones

When someone stands up, there are 2 or three people who cant see whats going on, so they stand then because of the angle of the stadium 4 or 5 people cant see, so they have to stand.....

so potentialy 100's of people have to stand all because one person feels the need to stand?

do you not think football would be a little odd if everyone just sat down fot the whole game. what about after a goal has been scored, what about after wnning a title for the first time in a lifetime, what about when the ref makes a bad call.

this subject really boggles my mind, this is why we we watch football its a physical group experience, and the unity of being part of a huge group is a unique overwhelming, sometimes magical, sometimes frustrating experience. the experience is diluted enough already if it becomes even more so it will be pointless , if I just wanted to watch it just to witness it, TV is a better option.

I just think its a general dwindling away of courtesy and respect in society. Don't want to go too big picture on you all though.

That family club feel from the Maine Rd days is on the decline BIG TIME despite the effort to hold onto certain traditions like Junior Blues (now City Kicks I believe). From what I understand, we were the first team in the country to do anything like the Junior Blues or kid for a quid and similar deals like that for the young.

Just a few threads I've read today on here include:

- A case of mistaken identity, leading to two fans being banned outright.
- Slagging off the Sunderland fans.
- Debate over atmosphere and efforts to improve it.

Years ago, people knew their neighbours and helped each other out. In a thread today, you had people having a cock fight over knowing (or not) the names of the fans immediately to the side and behind you. But it's a good point to think if you know the names of the folks around you, whether you've been 1 year or 30 years. I guess the number is less than previous times and it could link into sad situations like the OP states happening.

If you put the same people in Maine Rd, it would be the same. IMHO it is the way people are today regardless of age.

Howling Wolf said:
do you not think football would be a little odd if everyone just sat down fot the whole game. what about after a goal has been scored, what about after wnning a title for the first time in a lifetime, what about when the ref makes a bad call.

this subject really boggles my mind, this is why we we watch football its a physical group experience, and the unity of being part of a huge group is a unique overwhelming, sometimes magical, sometimes frustrating experience. the experience is diluted enough already if it becomes even more so it will be pointless , if I just wanted to watch it just to witness it, TV is a better option.

there is a difference between standing up for chances, applauding players off the pitch, goals, impulsive applause or anger and standing up for every attack like the OP

CB stand has been like that since we moved, if you want to stand there are specific area's for that

why should everyone go out of their way so that the OP can stand when we attack?

away days are a different animal, you stand and you know what you sign up for, season tickets are bought with this in mind so people who want to sit, choose CB and family stand. people who want to stand choose SS. If you cant get in there, tough.

should bring back standing to erradicate this problem, but 99% of fans accept this until they do bring it back

i agree with those who would be offended being spoken to like that i would be too.
one thing not seen mentioned is do you sit in that seat as a season card holder for that seat or someone who bought that seat for that match ? If you are seated there normally you may have upset them in the past or are they non season card holders for those seats ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.