I hate to say I told you so, but....

Didsbury Dave said:
Quote from today's Times:

"First, City would have to find a buyer for Robinho, whom, contrary to Mark Hughes’s claims yesterday, the manager is prepared to sell. Ribéry, 25, operates in the same position between midfield and attack as Robinho, and Hughes is mindful that it would be unfeasible to play both in the same team,"

Quote from today's Telegraph:

"The inconsistent Brazilian plays in a similar position to Ribery, and it would be unfeasible to play them both. Therefore, Ribery could only come in if Robinho leaves"

Quotes from jaymcfc - freely available above.

Absolutely PMSL

Hahahaha fuck me.

hgblue said:
Do you believe everything you read in the papers?

No I certainly don't.

But I feel a slight amusement that two heavyweight,nationally respected football journalists have the same opinion as me.

Just because they are well paid journalists from the broadsheets who make their living out of football, though, it doesn't mean they know any more about the game than someone called "Jay" from a forum, does it?

hgblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Quote from today's Times:

"First, City would have to find a buyer for Robinho, whom, contrary to Mark Hughes’s claims yesterday, the manager is prepared to sell. Ribéry, 25, operates in the same position between midfield and attack as Robinho, and Hughes is mindful that it would be unfeasible to play both in the same team,"

Quote from today's Telegraph:

"The inconsistent Brazilian plays in a similar position to Ribery, and it would be unfeasible to play them both. Therefore, Ribery could only come in if Robinho leaves"

Quotes from jaymcfc - freely available above.

Absolutely PMSL

Hgblue,
Would you find it inconcievable that our manager is telling all and sundry that he is happy with our 'world class player' but would actually like to offload him and is briefing jounalists through an 'unnamed source'?

It's my opinion that there's two much being written in the papers to suggest that there's at the very least a significant amount of dis-satisfation with Robinho's performance and off field antics.
There is no way in hell that Robinho will stay here if Frank Ribery or another prominent left sided midfieolder/winger signs for us.

There's better players out there than him too........

Didsbury Dave said:
hgblue said:

No I certainly don't.

But I feel a slight amusement that two heavyweight,nationally respected football journalists have the same opinion as me.

Just because they are well paid journalists from the broadsheets who make their living out of football, though, it doesn't mean they know any more about the game than someone called "Jay" from a forum, does it?

Wriggle wriggle, don't stop move it baby you're the one that drives me crazy!!

Our very own manager, Mr Mark Hughes came out only a day or so ago and said Robbie was committed to City and will not be sold in the summer yet you, DD from Bluemoon, decide to believe a whole TWO Journalists with bullshit quotes. Now who's the fool?

TheMightyQuinn said:
What about Petrov?

You see, now that is a spanner in the works because that means 3 quality players in one position. Then it's up to the manager to decide which of the 3 should either leave or not come at all.

jay_mcfc said:
Our very own manager, Mr Mark Hughes came out only a day or so ago and said Robbie was committed to City and will not be sold in the summer

Yes, and Comical Ali said there were no American troops in Bagdad.

Breathtaking naivity from Bluemoon's pundit extraordinaire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.