I have just been told.............Update page 39

Re: I have just been told.............

Marvin said:
Petrov is not in our first team, and is past his best after a series of injuries.

Bentley was key to Santa Cruz's goals at Blackburn. I bet the reason why most of you who don't like Bentley has got nothing to do with his ability as a footballer, and more to do with his image - whch is pretty meaningless

Remember the goal he scored for Spurs against Arsenal last season? He's one of the best strikers of the ball in the Premiership, and would be a good addition to our 1st team squad. he hsn't done well at Spurs, in fact the move has been bad for him, but he showed what he was capable of under Hughes at Blackburn. If he could produce that then the service we could get into Santa Cruz and Adebayor would almost guarantee goals.

Looks a little unlikely that this will happen now given that Kranjcar seems close to signing for Spurs which is a disappointment for me, but at least most of you will be happy
Actually for me it's got more to do with the fact we have a right winger and he can't get close to the Spurs team.

mcfc_nick said:
Blue Train said:
What no one seems to have realised yet is that this is the end for SWP.

Might explain why he couldn't crack a smile in the last game.
or that it brings in competition for his place so he could improve
You need 2 players for every position, and Bentley and SWP can play in the same team.

When Tevez signed we wondered where SWP would play, and he's ended up playing in the same team.

With Elano going we are a little short of cover on the right of midfield, or central midfield if Ireland or SWP were to get injured.

Seems like it's a pointless discussion anyway if Spurs go for Krankjar

Godfather said:
Id be happy with this, imagine bentley crossing for adebayor, class. Yeah we'd be getting ripped off, but hey whats new.

I'm not having a go at you Mr Father it's just an attack on the whole idea

you say we'd be getting ripped off but we've been paying a premium for players that we need.

We don't need Bentley.

With the deal stated i think it's the equivalent to £20 million.

I don't care if Pet wants to go. Bentley is nothing on SWP, can't even get in the spurs team and is not worth that Pet and that amount

You need 2 players for every position, and Bentley and SWP can play in the same team.

When Tevez signed we wondered where SWP would play, and he's ended up playing in the same team.

With Elano going we are a little short of cover on the right of midfield, or central midfield if Ireland or SWP were to get injured.

that's right. two players for every position. sell petrov and we have just one for the left wing berth (bentley, swp, bellamy, ireland, all less than ideal IMO). I can't see any left-footed players hughes would fancy in this league, and the deadline is all but gone for european deals.

citoeast said:
Everton want Bentley but at £10m, £5m less than the Spuds paid for him.

We are insane if we pay the money quoted plus Petrov for him.

We get rid of Dunne and bring in this failed footballer who is a joke, a big time charlie nearly made a good player footballer. I thought we were strengthening our side.

I love the way you only believe the rumours that suit your agenda.

Bluemoon115 said:
citoeast said:
Everton want Bentley but at £10m, £5m less than the Spuds paid for him.

We are insane if we pay the money quoted plus Petrov for him.

We get rid of Dunne and bring in this failed footballer who is a joke, a big time charlie nearly made a good player footballer. I thought we were strengthening our side.

I love the way you only believe the rumours that suit your agenda.

I believe Spursmad, a good record he has some info from somewhere.

Blue Train said:
What no one seems to have realised yet is that this is the end for SWP.

Might explain why he couldn't crack a smile in the last game.
hope this not true would be gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Marvin said:
Petrov is not in our first team, and is past his best after a series of injuries.

Bentley was key to Santa Cruz's goals at Blackburn. I bet the reason why most of you who don't like Bentley has got nothing to do with his ability as a footballer, and more to do with his image - whch is pretty meaningless

Remember the goal he scored for Spurs against Arsenal last season? He's one of the best strikers of the ball in the Premiership, and would be a good addition to our 1st team squad. he hsn't done well at Spurs, in fact the move has been bad for him, but he showed what he was capable of under Hughes at Blackburn. If he could produce that then the service we could get into Santa Cruz and Adebayor would almost guarantee goals.

Looks a little unlikely that this will happen now given that Kranjcar seems close to signing for Spurs which is a disappointment for me, but at least most of you will be happy
Actually for me it's got more to do with the fact we have a right winger and he can't get close to the Spurs team.
We don't have a right winger. SWP can't cross a ball. he can dribble, but he can't cross, just like Aaron lennon. Spurs don't play with big forwards so they've used Bentley inside.

bentley is the best crosser of a ball from the right hand side with the exception of Beckham.

If Mark wants him I trust his judgement.

I think he knows Bentley better than any of us and certainly got him playing to a very high standard whilst at Blackburn.

My guess is that Petrov is worth about £5m so the quoted £10m + Petrov is not so far out.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.