I have just been told.............Update page 39

Re: I have just been told.............

Haha check out this bit from the Daily Mail report, courtesy of Berbatov.

Not sure how true though. Still, twat.

Petrov spent last night in a London hotel and his move to Spurs was backed by Manchester United forward Dimitar Berbatov, his Bulgaria team-mate. ‘I hope Martin goes to Spurs,’ said the ex-Tottenham star.

‘He does not deserve such a relationship with Manchester City and Spurs are a bigger club than City.’

I disagree entirely, our aim this season to get a good placement is to toughen up away from home, to not concede and to come away from games we used to lose 2-1 with a 1.0 win. To do that we need to defend from the front, we need to stop teams getting time on the ball, we need to be harder, a bit nastier and a bit more rutheless, we also need to become a bit more direct and attack hard from defence.

We have played 3 games, one in the cup and two away against opponents from last year and we have got three wins and not conceeded in games when in their equivalents last year we conceeded in all and we got 2 losses and a draw.

A factor in our wins at Blackburn and Pompey has been the 15 miles that Bellamy has run at pace, his charging out from defence and his harraunging of players all over the park. Robinho has consitently failed to fire in these games or provide aggression and defensive help and Hughes recognised this and improved the team. The simple fact is that RObinho was extremely disappointing in away games agains the bottom half last year not once or twice but in most of those games. Bellamy has showed in the two so far he is not and picking him helped get the outcome we waned simple as. No one thinks Bellamy is better than Robinho but it is clear in certain games at certain times he is more effective.

Our objective is to win each game without conceeding and when our manager picks a team and plan to do this I am not suprised. Also I think Petrov provides a different kind of cross to Bentley, Bentley is far stronger at the Beckham style cross in for a header placed brilliantly, Petrov is stronger at smashing the ball in along the ground hard and fast. The former is something I believe we need more than the latter at the moment as we already have Tevez, Sweep, Adebayour and Bellamy who are quite capable of getting out at pace and putting a low hard ball in but we have no one who can curly the ball on to someone's head.

Above all though Petrov does not want to be at City and he wants first team football and he doesn't seem from all his body language to want to fight for it (he is getting on now) so why keep an unhappy player to warm the bench when we can get another in of equal ability (though in different ways) who will be happy (for now) and offers something different. He has also worked brilliantly with Santa Cruz and Hughes in the past which is no bad thing!

Course I am a twat I have never pretended not to be and frankly putting that at the end of the post is a bit like me calling Carlos Tevez a City player - a bit pointless and obvious. No point insulting someone with the truth try and be a bit more sophisticated and bend the truth it will work much better!

The orginal post wasn't from my source but from some very good itk's on a Spurs forum.

I have since spoken to my source, and he has confirmed that City & Spurs are talking about Petrov & a Bentley swap, no figures were mentioned, but he did say that the Bentley part of the deal maybe a loan.

Cheers

Spursmad321

stratopedia said:
Haha check out this bit from the Daily Mail report, courtesy of Berbatov.

Not sure how true though. Still, twat.

Petrov spent last night in a London hotel and his move to Spurs was backed by Manchester United forward Dimitar Berbatov, his Bulgaria team-mate. ‘I hope Martin goes to Spurs,’ said the ex-Tottenham star.

‘He does not deserve such a relationship with Manchester City and Spurs are a bigger club than City.’

Who cares what that flop says, he'll be lucky to get a game at Stoke next season.

spursmad321 said:
The orginal post wasn't from my source but from some very good itk's on a Spurs forum.

I have since spoken to my source, and he has confirmed that City & Spurs are talking about Petrov & a Bentley swap, no figures were mentioned, but he did say that the Bentley part of the deal maybe a loan.

Cheers

Spursmad321

Cheers

spursmad321 said:

Cheers

Spursmad321

Thought you stated that we were not doing any more transfers after lescott?

EalingBlue2 said:
Just want to bring some reality!

Petrov is old in footballing terms, he does not have long left on his contract and he has missed 2 of the last 3 seasons in their entirity (just about) due to serious injuries, he also is rumoured to be negative and wanting out. Those add up to a player who however good he is on his day will go for a few million, I doubt anyone would pay more than 5 million for him if we were lucky. He is more than a 5m player on his day but the risk with him is huge and even if someone is lucky he only has a few more years as a pacy winger in top flight.

Bentley whatever you think of him is worth a fair bit more, he has less of an injury risk, he is younger and he has more of a future, for Mark Hughes he was excellent arguably the best crosser in the prem and the most dangerous out and out right sided winger at that time, with his delivery and with Adebayour and Santa Cruz he would be a dangerous player and he does offer us something different in the squad. We have a lot of fast players who can put a low cross in but we do not have someone of the Bentley type. If hughes things this is the right deal then I trust him as I have never seen a manager spend our money so well and because of that i will not be a drama queen about this or talk about us being a laughing stock or any of the nonsense on here, instead i will take a wait and see position. But remembering what he and Santa Cruz were like a few years ago and how Hughes worked with him I am not too worried to be honest.

He would come hungry to prove a point and get in there as opposed to Petrov who looks like he is not remotely interested.

Bentley whatever you think of him is worth a fair bit more, he has less of an injury risk, he is younger and he has more of a future, for Mark Hughes he was excellent arguably the best crosser in the prem and the most dangerous out and out right sided winger at that time, with his delivery and with Adebayour and Santa Cruz he would be a dangerous player and he does offer us something different in the squad.

What does he offer us? Crossing ability - from the right, fair enough, but both Petrov and Bridge cross as good a ball in my opinion - and both are quicker and more direct. Petrov also offers a goal threat - Bentley might, but records suggest not on the same scale as Petrov.

Lets look at this point by point.

Petrov is old in footballing terms, he does not have long left on his contract and he has missed 2 of the last 3 seasons in their entirity (just about) due to serious injuries, he also is rumoured to be negative and wanting out. Those add up to a player who however good he is on his day will go for a few million, I doubt anyone would pay more than 5 million for him if we were lucky. He is more than a 5m player on his day but the risk with him is huge and even if someone is lucky he only has a few more years as a pacy winger in top flight.

This is mistaking a player's value in the open market with his value to a team - it's NOT the same thing. How much did we pay for Andy Morrison - 60 grand? That was about right in market terms - are we saying we should have sold him if we got an offer of 80 grand in the Wembley season? Petrov offers us something that no-one else in the squad offers (and which Bentley doesn't either -he's a right sided player for crying out loud) and in our position, do we really need 3 and a half million? As for wanting out, well that's why it's called a rumour.

He would come hungry to prove a point and get in there as opposed to Petrov who looks like he is not remotely interested.

Two years ago Petrov was our best player and in the games I've seen him play this season, he's looked perfectly fine in motivational terms - since when do uninterested players score goals? Perhaps he's just pissed off at being third choice behind Robinho and a forward playing out of position. I wouldn't mind signing Bentley - he's a decent hard working winger who offers a different option to SWP, but I don't need to denegrate or belittle Petrov, a player who has done nothing wrong in his time with us, and in Sven's season was as good as any player at the club. Too many City fans feel the need to belittle and denegrate good servants of this club just because they may not be part of Hughes plans. Why not just loan Bentley and see how he goes? We don't need to sell Petrov do we?

It's perfectly possible to support Hughes without agreeing with every single decision he makes - Selling Petrov will be a mistake unless he's adamant that he wants to leave. If that's the case then fine, however we don't know this is the case and if it isn't, it's an idiotic thing to do. It's seperate to bringing in Bentley, which I'd also support, if it were on loan with a view to buy.

Marvin said:
Bentley is a far better player than Petrov, and the best right footed crosser of a ball in the Premiership.

Not done well at Spurs, but think about the player when he was at Blackburn. We have big target men playing up front who would combine perfectly with Bentley.

Never understood why Petrov was so popular with City fans. Doesn't tackle, or head a ball, and lacks the pace to beat the better full backs. Wont feature for us, so why should we miss him?

thats about the size of it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.