I hope a heart attack kills me

Losing my dad to it now and it truly is fucking horrible. He recently had to go into a nursing home after my mum finally accepted she could no longer cope and the place is horrible - people constantly yelling and crying, it stinks of urine at times and they just can’t give all the patients the time and attention they need. I sat with my dad a few days ago and just cried my eyes out looking at what he’s become.
As hard as it is just try to be strong, and remember there’s people on here who’ll listen.
PM me if ever you need to vent ok?

I work in care and it’s a heartbreaking illness and feels so cruel. My lovely, kind gentleman of a father in law died last week and I have to say in the end it felt like a blessing.

For years I've watched me Mams health go down hill through dementia. It's fucking horrible
I know exactly what its like mate, my Mother went through it. She started walking down the street at 3am, said she was going to her Dad's (who been dead 40 years), some days she didn't know me, some days she seemed too. It's horrible. You will get through it mate.

Really sorry to hear this OP (and the others going through the same thing).
My mother has succumbed to over the past couple of years but it's entering the next stage (final stage perhaps).
A year ago she sat at home with the remote control for her TV and able to make her own coffee and snacks (early stages after perhaps a couple of years of not being quite right/memory loss).

When I speak to her now it's like her brain is unwiring. Words are made up and sentences truncated or abruptly ended. I see where that phrase 'just a shell' comes from now.
She still recognises me but I suspect it won't be long before that stops.
She's been in home for quite a few months. Try my best to not too emotional and try and raise laughs, but it's desperately hard isn't it?

Awful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.