I hope a heart attack kills me

Losing my dad to it now and it truly is fucking horrible. He recently had to go into a nursing home after my mum finally accepted she could no longer cope and the place is horrible - people constantly yelling and crying, it stinks of urine at times and they just can’t give all the patients the time and attention they need. I sat with my dad a few days ago and just cried my eyes out looking at what he’s become.
As hard as it is just try to be strong, and remember there’s people on here who’ll listen.
PM me if ever you need to vent ok?
cheers mate,heads gone

OP (or anyone) if need to chat just shout my messages open. My girlfriend's mum been showing signs of it srettle while nowC along with her Parkinson's. Like others just over year ago at home, cooking, cleaning, going e

It's a truly horrible disease.
My heart goes out to those dealing with it.
What I would say is there is help out there. Don't deal with it alone. It is often those that deal with it that end up cracking.
I did 20 months straight during Covid looking after my mum. It nearly broke me. It is a full time, all consuming no reward job. Heartbreaking to see someone deteriorate in front of you
You see family and friends for what they are. Those who step up. Those who don't give a shit.
And I get it. There are times when I wanted to smash my mum's head through the wall. Yes. I said it. But then you take a deep breath and try and remember them for the person they were and it's not their fault.
Horrible disease

I've lost my gran, and both her two sons, to dementia and motor neurone disease in the last 10 years. I can't think of anything worse that to see loved ones lose their personalities and suffer so much, yet still be there physically. I was very close to my gran, but she got very violent and didn't know who I was most of the time. And then it gets worse. Cruel and horrible end to life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.