I Know It’s Over

The Villa performance was not good but I think overall we were far far worse in the first half of last season. And consistently so.

I remember playing Southampton in the League Cup thinking that apart from the odd exception we hadn’t played well in months and we were at nearly full strength then. We’d lost to Brentford and Liverpool, been held by Everton, scraped by Fulham and Chelsea - then we lost to United… We were totally out of sorts and didn’t seem to dominate the ball at all. It wasn’t until the Forest game in mid-Feb (which we didn’t even win) that I thought we may have finally turned a corner.

Our underperformance this year is much easier to diagnose. Key injuries, Rodri suspension, sloppy defending late in games. If we’d managed the game a fraction better in the last 10 mins in 2 of the 4 games where we dropped points, this thread simply wouldn’t exist.

That doesn’t mean we’re going to sweep it all, but it doesn’t feel anything like as dire as last year to me. A year in which we won the treble. So I will reserve judgment for at least another 3-4 months…

For the record I was a bit pissed when I started this thread and its main purpose was to insert a good Morrissey reference, in true blue moon style.

Fuck sake.
Here endeth the lesson
I only post when pissed,I only get grief when I post sober
Go forth and drink,merrily

There are no teams to fear in the league and no team anywhere near the standards we have set in the last 3 seasons. We look lacking in the quality on the bench we have enjoyed in the past with Philips , Kovacic and Nunes either clearly not being to standard or still finding their feet in the side. Think we will put a run together and will take the league as long as we avoid too many injuries. Don't think you get the best deals or players in January so think we need what we have to come to the fore as they have in previous seasons post Christmas.

I think an angry and hungry De Bruyne in the dressing room will help even if he is not at full tilt for the business end of the season.

Long way to go before anything's decided and think all opponents will wobble before seasons end.

There are no teams to fear in the league and no team anywhere near the standards we have set in the last 3 seasons. We look lacking in the quality on the bench we have enjoyed in the past with Philips , Kovacic and Nunes either clearly not being to standard or still finding their feet in the side. Think we will put a run together and will take the league as long as we avoid too many injuries. Don't think you get the best deals or players in January so think we need what we have to come to the fore as they have in previous seasons post Christmas.

I think an angry and hungry De Bruyne in the dressing room will help even if he is not at full tilt for the business end of the season.

Long way to go before anything's decided and think all opponents will wobble before seasons end.
An angry De Bruyne is not to be messed with....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.