I love City but I also follow...

Not so much follow but I have a soft spot and look out for results of Blackburn. This is only due to the fact my Mrs supports them and her old man is a season ticket holder and he tries to inflict the new kits on the kids. And this is only in last 10 years since we've been together. Before that I didn't really have any interest in following another club other than city.

Impact De Montreal. The girlfriend is from Mtl, and so I follow them and have seen them a couple of times when over there. Relived the days of supporting a team with Bernardo Corradi recently as a result :/

It's going to be awkward when NYC start...

In other leagues, I don't follow or support as such but have a soft-spot for:

Fiorentina (Since mid-90s when Batistuta was there)
Sanfrecce Hiroshima - Hiroshima is my favourite place in the world
River Plate - Since Champ Manager and Saviola way back in the day

Got a soft spot for Bury because they're my Dad's team and he used to take me and my brother watching both them and City when we were younger. I still go watching them a few times every season. Also, I look out for Macclesfield's results as that's who my Grandad supports.

Rochdale, in 93 94 used to go to Spotland or San Spotland as my mate calls it, whenever city didnt play or we were away, saw Roberto Martinez there in 95 for Wigan in the LDVcup, going to get to Dale vs Bury if i can as its on international week

Andy Thackeray was playing plus saw some legends playing inc Martin Hodge at Plymouth, Peter Reids brother Shaun played for them as well

I always look out for Alty's results, go down to watch them about 5-10 times a season.

Uwe Rosler said:
I always look out for Alty's results, go down to watch them about 5-10 times a season.

I also look out for Alty's result, due to the fact I used to work in Alty. Only time I have been though is to watch Utd v Us reserve games.

Look out for Blackpool's results but only because my brother in law and my nephews are season ticket holders. Nothing like a bit of footy banter with relatives.

Like to see Schalke and Poznan do well, but could never actually support a second club. Just wouldn't seem right.

Im a life long City fan born Manc..my mum moved to Brighton when I were 4.

have followed Brighton and am happy to see them do well, but City is in my heart..

I look out for some teams but find it hard to get passionate about them. I should care more about Bury - it's because of them I'm a City fan (Dad rated Bell, Bell moves to City, Dad follows City).

I also look out for Stafford Rangers as I was a student there. Still laugh when I think about the crowd changing ends at half-time. There were about 100 Stafford fans and 700-800 Maidstone away fans and the home fans were pushed anti-clockwise around the ground as the away fans marauded towards us. Think we should try it some time!

When I was a know-nowt whippersnapper in the early 80s and on one of the many occasions when the team had really got on my tits, I tried NOT following City and followed Liverpool for a day. I got to the second half before curiosity got the better of me and I peeked at our game - we were getting beat, but I did give up on the idea of glory-hunting.

Does anyone else have a soft-spot for Glasgow Rangers? Think this comes from the Celtic-Utd Irish links.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.