I love City but I also follow...

Used to go watch Alty when City were away, then moved to Leeds to Uni, not been back since, but pleased when I see they've won.

Had some great games in the FA cup back then, Giant Killers :)

To me, "support" means you get to matches, obsessively read forums, have dreams about whoever it is that is heating up the transfer rumour mill. (I fucking swear I dreamed that I read on here that Isco was done and to us and actually thought it was true for the better part of the next day.)

I just can't see anyone having the time or emotional room to devote themselves to "supporting" more than one club that way.

So for me the only club I can even support is the one I have since just before Alan Ball right fucked us up. Bad timing, that, but it worked out okay in the end :)

I do like certain other clubs and want them to do well: Spartak Moscow to show respect to my Russian relatives who go WAY back with them. Bordeaux in France from living there for a while. Now living in the US and will pay more than a little bit of attention to NYCFC.

Hull to an extent as they are my local team but City was the first team I loved thanks to a friend forcing me to matches/watch games with him to get me into football about 4-5 years ago now. Over the past couple of seasons I've been to a few Hull matches because I know a bunch of season ticket owners and it's cheap for me to get to. I wish them well in the premier league but in a way I prefered them to stay further down just because I don't want to be considered a fair weather supporter, I have this same problem when explaining I support city sometimes :/

I follow vancouver whitecaps .... get to about 3-4 matches a year as it is a few hours away from me... they have a good following and some good supporters. i have alot of respect for them but I am City at heart.

First of all, hello to Bluemoon and thanks for having me. I hope to make a good contribution to the forum and hopefully I can bite my tongue and stay out of trouble......

Anyway, I always had a soft spot for Chester. We played them at their ground in an FA cup game in 98 iirc, which we won and they had just taken on a new eccentric American owner who I remember being a dead ringer for Terry Nutkins. He was making all kinds of crazy promises which never materialized. And their fate since then has been turbulent to say the least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.