I miss Hughes

Cheltblue said:
Ok, so the football is dire, yesterday was fuckin dire (so was the almosphere),but please,
Hughes legacy is wil be how he spent absolute shit loads of money creating an imballance in the team that even Pearce would have found hard to achieve.

Mancini v Hughes comparisons make me laugh my bollox off, so please stop it!!!

Wheres the imbalance?

Under Hughes we set up to attack. Under Mancini we set up to defend. its the same squad, same players so what your saying doesn't stack up. If we've got the squad to do both, where's the inbalance?

GStar said:
BillyShears said:
I think it's about happy mediums. It will take Mancini some time to find the right balance between attack and defense, and until he finds it, I'm happy for our base to be a defensive one.

We have some big big games coming up, and we'll know a lot more about where we are at the end of that run...Bobby v Rafa and Bobby v Carlo will shape the rest of our season.

Agreed about finding the medium, the balance.

I thought he was well on the way to finding it agaisnt Wolves... I hope we aren't judged by our performances versus Liverpool and Chelsea, i think we'll struggle under the current tactics, Chelsea especially can move and keep the ball so well and a Drogba on form would force us to have to go looking for goals.

Better teams are set up to play agaisnt teams who set up for a draw... so if we do that, in a way, we're playing into thier hands.

You're right about the Wolves game. However it goes back to my problem with the Ade/Tevez situation. Seems to me that our squad is better suited to playing with a lone striker. But for some reason, both managers we've had this season feel they need to play them both together, whenever possible...

Regarding the Liverpool and Chelsea games. They will both attack us you're right, but I think we will see exactly what Mancini thinks his strongest hand is. I don't think we have so far...

BillyShears said:
You're right about the Wolves game. However it goes back to my problem with the Ade/Tevez situation. Seems to me that our squad is better suited to playing with a lone striker. But for some reason, both managers we've had this season feel they need to play them both together, whenever possible...

Regarding the Liverpool and Chelsea games. They will both attack us you're right, but I think we will see exactly what Mancini thinks his strongest hand is. I don't think we have so far...

Its why the top managers are so few and far between; how do you keep a squad with the quality of ours/Chelsea/Inter happy? It's not an easy answer... being able to command the respect of players when they don't like your decisions whilst still winning matches. Thats a top class manager in my eyes.

I hope your right re: Liverpool/Chelsea games, 4 points from those two games and i'd be really happy.

What a load os crap is posted on here.

Lets get one thing straight Mancini inherited an unsettled squad from Useless and has had to make do, he hasn't gone out at the first opportunity blowing cash all over the place.. Hughes spent a fortune and built his entire squad and still could not get them to play!

Hughes V Mancini

last seven games of Hughes

Sunderland (H) 4-3
Spurs (A) 0-3
Bolton (A) 3-3
Chelsea (H) 2-1
Hull City (H) 1-1
Liverpool (A) 2-2
Burnley (H) 3-3

10 points Goals for 15, Goals against 16

First seven for Mancini

Bolton (H) 2-0
Hull (A) 1-2
Pompey (H) 2-0
Everton (A) 0-2
Blackburn (H) 4-1
Wolves (A) 3-0
Stoke (H) 3-0

15 points Goals for 15, Goals against 5

We are the only side that Burnley have taken a point from away from Turf Moor this season....

Mancini has got us more points, scored as mant goals and conceeded 11 less in four home games and three aways for both. The only poor result for Mancini was the defeat at Hull, who gace Chelsea a damn good run for their money. I can categorically state that had Hughes been here he would not have achieved what Mancini has!!

YOu really do need to patient. If nothing else this may not prove Mancini is a good manager (which i think he is) but it does show how woefully inadequate Hughes was... with his hand selected squad and backroom staff

NOW LAY OFF!!

scorer said:

Lets get one thing straight Mancini inherited an unsettled squad from Useless and has had to make do, he hasn't gone out at the first opportunity blowing cash all over the place.. Hughes spent a fortune and built his entire squad and still could not get them to play!

Hughes V Mancini

Sunderland (H) 4-3
Spurs (A) 0-3
Bolton (A) 3-3
Chelsea (H) 2-1
Hull City (H) 1-1
Liverpool (A) 2-2
Burnley (H) 3-3

First seven for Mancini

Bolton (H) 2-0
Hull (A) 1-2
Pompey (H) 2-0
Everton (A) 0-2
Blackburn (H) 4-1
Wolves (A) 3-0
Stoke (H) 3-0

We are the only side that Burnley have taken a point from away from Turf Moor this season....

Mancini has got us more points, scored as mant goals and conceeded 11 less in four home games and three aways for both. The only poor result for Mancini was the defeat at Hull, who gace Chelsea a damn good run for their money. I can categorically state that had Hughes been here he would not have achieved what Mancini has!!

YOu really do need to patient. If nothing else this may not prove Mancini is a good manager (which i think he is) but it does show how woefully inadequate Hughes was... with his hand selected squad and backroom staff

NOW LAY OFF!!
YOu really do need to patient.
Nice to see you back, if only for the epic-irony factor.

scorer said:

Hughes V Mancini

Sunderland (H) 4-3
Spurs (A) 0-3
Bolton (A) 3-3
Chelsea (H) 2-1
Hull City (H) 1-1
Liverpool (A) 2-2
Burnley (H) 3-3

First seven for Mancini

Bolton (H) 2-0
Hull (A) 1-2
Pompey (H) 2-0
Everton (A) 0-2
Blackburn (H) 4-1
Wolves (A) 3-0
Stoke (H) 3-0

NOW LAY OFF!!

I agree mate, good post. However we beat Stoke 2-0 at home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.