I miss Robinho

Happy Feet said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
First name on the teamsheet no matter how in form Bellamy and Petrov are.

????????????????????

I'm as bewildered as you Happy Feet. What a great way to build a successful team, your 'star' man plays whatever. What winds me up is that IF Robi had been putting in the performances Bellamy has everyone would be hailing him as better than Ronaldo.

How can he be the first name on the team sheet when no-one is really sure of his best postion yet??

m27 said:
Happy Feet said:
????????????????????

I'm as bewildered as you Happy Feet. What a great way to build a successful team, your 'star' man plays whatever. What winds me up is that IF Robi had been putting in the performances Bellamy has everyone would be hailing him as better than Ronaldo.

How can he be the first name on the team sheet when no-one is really sure of his best postion yet??

Bellamy hasn't been better than Robinho for us going forward, it's only because Bellamy runs back and shouts at people that people are laughably saying Robinho is surplus to requirements. If we're not going to bother about Robinho anymore because we have Bellemay and Petrov then we are never going to achieve anything and that is coming from a Petrov and especially a big Bellamy fan.

If we want to win things and be successful then we need players like Robinho and not rely on Bellamy and Petrov.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Bellamy hasn't been better than Robinho for us going forward, it's only because Bellamy runs back and shouts at people that people are laughably saying Robinho is surplus to requirements. If we're not going to bother about Robinho anymore because we have Bellemay and Petrov then we are never going to achieve anything and that is coming from a Petrov and especially a big Bellamy fan.

If we want to win things and be successful then we need players like Robinho and not rely on Bellamy and Petrov.

That argument makes no sense whatsoever. You said Robbie should be the first name on the team sheet. I think, cliche's aside, players in form are the players who should be "first name on the team sheet". Not players simply with big reputations. The best clubs in the world are known for having big squads full of class. Robbie is part of our squad. Beyond that, if in form I'm sure he'll play - and when not in form, I'm sure he won't...

Immaculate Pasta said:
m27 said:

Sorry but that is ridiculous. It's a team game and not one that simply brings together a collection of individuals. Individuals win you nothing if they don't fit into the team's ethic.

Craig Bellamy has scored three goals for us this year, Robinho has got none. Bellamy is also one player who you can ususally guarantee will put the ball on target when he shoots for goal.

His pace and direct running at defenders wreaks havoc, causes the opponents defence to lose shape and creates spsace for others.

Robinho does none of that and Bellamy is worth twice as much to us at this moment and would be worth twice as much to the likes of Chelsea, United and Liverpool too.

He has loads of talent and skill but he wants to play the game too slowly. Look at the pace we had on the pitch against West Ham and how direct we were. Look how we closed the defence down all the way to the keeper. I dont think he suits the team we had out yesterday but then again with him and Ireland in midfield we give teams a totally different set of problems.

A great player for us but i don't think he is a MH type player.He likes battles who can mix it with anyone and then show a bit of class when needed.Look at his signings...all of them battlers.Not one fancy dan player.

Him and Petrov will be gone by the end of the season.Which is a shame because i love to watch both of them play.

BillyShears said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

That argument makes no sense whatsoever. You said Robbie should be the first name on the team sheet. I think, cliche's aside, players in form are the players who should be "first name on the team sheet". Not players simply with big reputations. The best clubs in the world are known for having big squads full of class. Robbie is part of our squad. Beyond that, if in form I'm sure he'll play - and when not in form, I'm sure he won't...

If we have a fit Robinho available then he has to play. You don't not play him because Bellamy tracked back well a few times or Petrov knocked in a few good crosses. Football fans are very fickle. You watch Johnson set up a goal next week and all of a sudden Ireland will become surplus to requirements.

Robbie was superb for us last season especially in his first season in England where many of the top foreign stars in the Premier League have failed badly (Drogba and Ronaldo come to mind striaght away). He has played a full summer of Confederations cup and WCQ's, barley had a rest and was playing with an unfit ankle throughout that he picked up in November last year, but now because Bellamy has had a few good games and Petrov had a good game last night it's bye bye to our 25 year old superstar as we don't need him as we have two 30 year olds with a track record of bad injuries.

It's madness!

Immaculate Pasta said:
BillyShears said:

If we have a fit Robinho available then he has to play. You don't not play him because Bellamy tracked back well a few times or Petrov knocked in a few good crosses. Football fans are very fickle. You watch Johnson set up a goal next week and all of a sudden Ireland will become surplus to requirements.

Robbie was superb for us last season especially in his first season in England where many of the top foreign stars in the Premier League have failed badly (Drogba and Ronaldo come to mind striaght away). He has played a full summer of Confederations cup and WCQ's, barley had a rest and was playing with an unfit ankle throughout that he picked up in November last year, but now because Bellamy has had a few good games and Petrov had a good game last night it's bye bye to our 25 year old superstar as we don't need him as we have two 30 year olds with a track record of bad injuries.

It's madness!

well said pasta! some people on here need to get a grip. Robinho is class that no other team in the prem has. He has to play.

Immaculate Pasta said:
BillyShears said:

It's madness!

Sorry, but stop talking utter bollox and read my post again. NOWHERE does it say "bye bye Robinho". That's you talking in tabloid headlines rather than in facts...I'll spell it out for you in idiot proof form...

PLAYERS ARE PICKED BY MANAGERS BASED ON ABILITY AND CRUCIALLY, FORM. NOT REPUTATION OR WHAT THEY DID LAST SEASON.

If you don't get that, then you don't get football...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.