I Need a New Broadband Provider - Any Recommendations Appreciated.

Virgin have just told me my bill is going up 70% from December.
I have 213 MB speed.
Must admit would rather stay but they can fook off with a increase like that.
Any suggestions ??

70mbps, 25 quid.

We can't get full fibre but that speed is more than enough to stream 4k etc and Plusnet have never tried to take the piss with jacking up prices in the 3 - 4 years we've been with them.
I've been with PN over 20 years, I all ways get a deal off them at renewal. I too get download speed in the 70's and found that's plenty good enough. I'm not a "Gamer", just internet and football streaming A bit more impersonal since taken over by BT but still good customer service. Never had a problem or technical issue. Had one or two billing issues but always sorted with call centre staff (based in Sheffield).
If you do decided to switch and you know someone already on PN, get them to "Introduce" you, they have a recommenders bonus scheme.
Great pity they've dropped the BT Sports deal.

A mate of mine signed up to Brsk recently and raves about them, they are "full fibre" so up to 1000mb speeds if its in your area yet.

Virgin have just told me my bill is going up 70% from December.
I have 213 MB speed.
Must admit would rather stay but they can fook off with a increase like that.
Any suggestions ??
They will let you do another 18 month contract and keep the same price. I went down this road two months ago. Its only the monthly contract that is full price.

Depends where you are, there are lots of companies rolling out fibre at the moment, I've just joined brsk from virgin. As like yourself virgin were taking the mick nearly £40 a month for 120meg, refused to budge on price or package when I phoned too prior to cancelling retentions then offered a reasonable deal but too late. Got 500meg up and down from brsk for 19.50 a month.
I missed out on Brsk by 2 weeks as I signed an 18 month deal with SKY. I used to get 57mb with BT, aftermoving to Sky it went up to 67 mb. They are ok apart from a 5 min disconnect around 1.00am every third Monday (?)

Of course this seems slow nowdays as full fibre rolls out, but it's enough for me apart from large downloads for the PS4, or Movies

How have BRSK been for you ?

Last edited:
Cheers for those comments. I'll go on the HP forum and see if the HDMI port can also be used as an input port.
I used to use an external monitor but gave it to someone who needed a serial monitor and I never replaced it.
The cost savings would probably fund a monitor as well as a firestick!!
There has been the odd laptop that has HDMI input ports but generally the answer is no, unless you want to spend a lot of money on a video capture system.

Is it for a hooky Firestick? If so then a cheap (2nd hand?) monitor or TV(Aldi or Lidl maybe) would be a better option. Don't forget the audio though if it's a monitor. If not then most things should be available on the laptop?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.