I need to get this Balo' question out there....

2 home games in the next few days, I would expect Balo to start against Villa and then followed by Blackpool - 2 sides that we should expect to beat comfortably.

Time to showcase the talent.

No excuses.

BillyShears said:
Do you think arguing with Mancini after he's asked Balo to go and applaud the supporters is a good thing?

Do you think walking straight down the tunnel after he was subbed at West Ham is a good thing?

What about his sending off for petulantly kicking out in the West Brom match?

Really don't care about the first two - they are for Mancini to deal with, and do not affect the fans in any way at all...

The third point - didn't think it was a sending off. West Brom player was grabbing hold of Balotelli's leg as he fell, and Mario just shook him off.

A poor decision from the ref which, in my opinion, should cause City fans to rally round and defend one of their own, not go for his throat. He has received very little support from the City fans in general so far, and has been (IMO) excessively abused on here and at the games - then we expect him to join in on a love-in with the fans, and sulk when he doesn't?

In time he will probably learn, and become the fake, badge kissing, I love City honest I do kind of player we seem to want him to be - for now he is an angry young man, and too honest for his own good.

We need to be patient with him, and let Mancini manage him. City fans have jumped the gun many times of late (Tevez, Silva, De Jong, Ya Ya, Mancini to name a few) and been proven comprehensively wrong on each occasion.

We need to take that on board before moving on to the next target in future.

We always seem to be trying to hound someone out of the club - the lust for blood and recriminations, even when nothing is going wrong, will only hold us back.

Personally, I believe it will all end in tears.

I acknowledge the talent that he has and acknowledge that somewhere in his career, wherever he is at that point, he will probably hit heights that most players can't (although how long that lasts for will be the thing that defines him).

However, I would put money on that not being here.

I was against his signing, not because I don't rate him, but because I can't see the move working.

I don't see why, in City's position, we have to gamble with players. He is a 20 year old who doesn't speak English, who has fallen out with managers, has consistent on and off pitch troubles and who seems to have mental problems. On top of all that, we ask him to come and play in a foreign league at such a young age, when he has never spent time working abroad.

It is a recipe for disaster imo and a pure gamble. One in which the odds are not on City's side.

However, I put that to one side as I rate Mancini, know what he expects from players in terms of discipline and assume that he knows what he can get out of the player.

On the flip side, the lad seems to be even more unbalanced than I realised. One would think that even the nuttiest of people, when settling in somewhere, would at least keep their head down for the first few months. But it is something new every week with him. Quotes about Milan, getting sent off, moaning, not trying, arguing with the manager, having an attitude that causes the manager who is his biggest ally to publicly rebuke him, slagging off Wilshire, the list goes on.

I'm not bothered if City lose money on him (which is a pathetic and arrogant thing to say as a fan, but that is the situation we are in). But I am bothered if he has a negative affect on the dressing room. And, as well as the rumours that circulated a while back about some not being happy about the treatment he gets and favouritism (which I hope is just bullshit), there are obvious signs on the pitch to anyone attending games that some of his team mates (and not just one or two) are unhappy with his efforts and have let him know about it.

Signing nutters or well known loose cannon players is just not a policy that I can support in City's position. Everything about his move to City is setting him up to fail. If it were just a gamble that only affected a year or two of the player's career then I wouldn't be bothered. I'm more concerned with the negativity such players bring to the club, the squad and the dressing room though.

Not needed imo.

But here's to hoping that he proves all that wrong, applies himself, acts like a professional and doesn't become the negative here that all the evidence suggests is likely.

PS: some refs are looking for him and are, as usual with English refs and their biased application of the laws, a disgrace to their profession. However, perhaps he could look at himself and ask himself why these idiots have been looking for him. They didn't just draw his name out of a hat. Why aren't they looking for Milner or Johnson?

He's going to be really 'important' for home games where we'll need something a little different to open teams up, but I expect him to start a lot of away games on the bench where we don't dominate possession and whoever plays there will need to put a shift in

SalfordCityBlue said:
Really don't care about the first two - they are for Mancini to deal with, and do not affect the fans in any way at all...

The third point - didn't think it was a sending off. West Brom player was grabbing hold of Balotelli's leg as he fell, and Mario just shook him off.

A poor decision from the ref which, in my opinion, should cause City fans to rally round and defend one of their own, not go for his throat. He has received very little support from the City fans in general so far, and has been (IMO) excessively abused on here and at the games - then we expect him to join in on a love-in with the fans, and sulk when he doesn't?

In time he will probably learn, and become the fake, badge kissing, I love City honest I do kind of player we seem to want him to be - for now he is an angry young man, and too honest for his own good.

We need to be patient with him, and let Mancini manage him. City fans have jumped the gun many times of late (Tevez, Silva, De Jong, Ya Ya, Mancini to name a few) and been proven comprehensively wrong on each occasion.

We need to take that on board before moving on to the next target in future.

We always seem to be trying to hound someone out of the club - the lust for blood and recriminations, even when nothing is going wrong, will only hold us back.

I don't recall Tevez, Silva, De Jong, or Yaya ever having their attitude questioned so I'm not sure what parallel you're trying to draw there.

If you don't care about him publicly arguing with Mancini or with disrespecting his teammates by walking straight down the tunnel, then I'll hazard a guess that you don't really go in for critical analysis of any sort when it comes to City - which is of course your right.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

I acknowledge the talent that he has and acknowledge that somewhere in his career, wherever he is at that point, he will probably hit heights that most players can't (although how long that lasts for will be the thing that defines him).

I was against his signing, not because I don't rate him, but because I can't see the move working.

I don't see why, in City's position, we have to gamble with players. He is a 20 year old who doesn't speak English, who has fallen out with managers, has consistent on and off pitch troubles and who seems to have mental problems. On top of all that, we ask him to come and play in a foreign league at such a young age, when he has never spent time working abroad.

It is a recipe for disaster imo and a pure gamble. One in which the odds are not on City's side.

However, I put that to one side as I rate Mancini, know what he expects from players in terms of discipline and assume that he knows what he can get out of the player.

On the flip side, the lad seems to be even more unbalanced than I realised. One would think that even the nuttiest of people, when settling in somewhere, would at least keep their head down for the first few months. But it is something new every week with him. Quotes about Milan, getting sent off, moaning, not trying, arguing with the manager, having an attitude that causes the manager who is his biggest ally to publicly rebuke him, slagging off Wilshire, the list goes on.

I'm not bothered if City lose money on him (which is a pathetic and arrogant thing to say as a fan, but that is the situation we are in). But I am bothered if he has a negative affect on the dressing room. And, as well as the rumours that circulated a while back about some not being happy about the treatment he gets and favouritism (which I hope is just bullshit), there are obvious signs on the pitch to anyone attending games that some of his team mates (and not just one or two) are unhappy with his efforts and have let him know about it.

Signing nutters or well known loose cannon players is just not a policy that I can support in City's position. Everything about his move to City is setting him up to fail. If it were just a gamble that only affected a year or two of the player's career then I wouldn't be bothered. I'm more concerned with the negativity such players bring to the club, the squad and the dressing room though.

Not needed imo.

But here's to hoping that he proves all that wrong, applies himself, acts like a professional and doesn't become the negative here that all the evidence suggests is likely.

PS: some refs are looking for him and are, as usual with English refs and their biased application of the laws, a disgrace to their profession. However, perhaps he could look at himself and ask himself why these idiots have been looking for him. They didn't just draw his name out of a hat. Why aren't they looking for Milner or Johnson?

in this post there are more bollox than words , are you looking for a world record ?

bluevengence said:
Hope he starts against Villa ...i feel this could be the game that we see what he`s all about

I really hope so mate as its my first home game of the season, I desperately want this kid to come good. I also agree that he needs time to settle, mature into the side. For the op, imo he must start as many games as he can.

Mancio said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

Not needed imo.

in this post there are more bollox than words , are you looking for a world record ?

Coming from such a well-balanced, unbiased, forum intellectual who never throws his toys out of the pram, this really hurts

Mancio said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

Not needed imo.

No, but you are looking for a record for Ballo arselickin', you seem to think nobody can have a negative(ish) opinion on this Childish, spoilt fkin idiot. Genious with a football? maybe. Cock of the highest order with a stinkin' attitude? yes. He does'nt know he is born pal and needs to drop the disgusting attitude that he has shown thus far, i fear this guy is gonna be more trouble than he is worth and i do not know if you know this Mancio, but we as City fans have had a belly full of trouble and we can spot a prick from a mile away, and i'm afraid 'your' man has showed me anything other than that of the said prick, harsh but true.

PS, i do'nt readily round on players, period, but just wind your neck in and stop treating us mere City fans as brainless idiots, just because we have had zero success does not mean we are imbeciles, we are not thick nor blind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.