I need to get this Balo' question out there....

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Personally, I believe it will all end in tears.
why ? in wich way ?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I acknowledge the talent that he has and acknowledge that somewhere in his career, wherever he is at that point, he will probably hit heights that most players can't (although how long that lasts for will be the thing that defines him).

However, I would put money on that not being here.

why ? cant City buy another player and give balo time to grown up ?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I was against his signing, not because I don't rate him, but because I can't see the move working.
why ?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I don't see why, in City's position, we have to gamble with players.

maybe becouse without CL not any other world player wanted to come?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
He is a 20 year old who doesn't speak English, who has fallen out with managers,

he have had 2 managers in all his career. mancini and mourinho. with mancini he never had problems. with mourinho even my old dog may have problems.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
has consistent on and off pitch troubles and who seems to have mental problems. On top of all that, we ask him to come and play in a foreign league at such a young age, when he has never spent time working abroad.

mental problems ? who ??

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
It is a recipe for disaster imo and a pure gamble. One in which the odds are not on City's side.

why ? City has got all , money , time , the right manager , so why odds are so worse ?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
However, I put that to one side as I rate Mancini, know what he expects from players in terms of discipline and assume that he knows what he can get out of the player.

only part where i have to agree . its a shame that contradicts everything you have written previously

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
On the flip side, the lad seems to be even more unbalanced than I realised. One would think that even the nuttiest of people, when settling in somewhere, would at least keep their head down for the first few months. But it is something new every week with him. Quotes about Milan, getting sent off, moaning, not trying, arguing with the manager, having an attitude that causes the manager who is his biggest ally to publicly rebuke him, slagging off Wilshire, the list goes on.

wilshere ? who ??

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I'm not bothered if City lose money on him (which is a pathetic and arrogant thing to say as a fan, but that is the situation we are in).

how can City lose money on balotelli ? he is the only one player on which you can only gain. he is not RSC or any others who are not worth anything of what was paid.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
But I am bothered if he has a negative affect on the dressing room.

yes , he has so negative effect that he still has to lose a league title in his career , for not talk of the treeble in the last season...

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
And, as well as the rumours that circulated a while back about some not being happy about the treatment he gets and favouritism (which I hope is just bullshit), there are obvious signs on the pitch to anyone attending games that some of his team mates (and not just one or two) are unhappy with his efforts and have let him know about it.

there are too many deep troath on this forum , too many unhappy players friends , too too many shit steerer. i hope you can agree about this.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Signing nutters or well known loose cannon players is just not a policy that I can support in City's position.

are we sure you really rate mancini ? it dont seem to me....balo IS a mancini signs , and i believe he know what he do.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Everything about his move to City is setting him up to fail. If it were just a gamble that only affected a year or two of the player's career then I wouldn't be bothered. I'm more concerned with the negativity such players bring to the club, the squad and the dressing room though.

Not needed imo.

But here's to hoping that he proves all that wrong, applies himself, acts like a professional and doesn't become the negative here that all the evidence suggests is likely.

PS: some refs are looking for him and are, as usual with English refs and their biased application of the laws, a disgrace to their profession. However, perhaps he could look at himself and ask himself why these idiots have been looking for him. They didn't just draw his name out of a hat. Why aren't they looking for Milner or Johnson?

end of my rant. i'm sorry if i'd before wrote where all bollox but I really do not want to do all this work

One of the problems many fans have (and City fans in particular) is the failure to realise it is very rare that a player comes to the Prem and hits the ground running it can take a season or even two before they bed it, have some patience and leave the worrying tot he manager and the club.

Balo is a raw talent who needs time to adjust and mature and given his age he has plenty of that

Damocles said:
Yes, let's throw away THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD OF HIS AGE.

Balo would be in front of Dzeko and Torres for me, as neither have the ability to come in from the left in the same way.

Ahead of Torres ? Jesus fucking wept.

Ducado said:
One of the problems many fans have (and City fans in particular) is the failure to realise it is very rare that a player comes to the Prem and hits the ground running it can take a season or even two before they bed it, have some patience and leave the worrying tot he manager and the club.

Balo is a raw talent who needs time to adjust and mature and given his age he has plenty of that

I don't think anyone is questioning his talent - just his attitude. Which is understandable when he does things like flouncing down the tunnel at West Ham. Yes he's a raw talent who needs time to adjust to the league, and also to mature - but one of the basic tenets of football is respect for your manager, your teammates, and the club's supporters.

vallens said:
Damocles said:
Yes, let's throw away THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD OF HIS AGE.

Balo would be in front of Dzeko and Torres for me, as neither have the ability to come in from the left in the same way.

Some of Torres' best goals have been coming in from the left, I can think of a couple against Chelsea off the top of my head. I admire your passion for this kid but you shouldn't let it warp your judgement. Torres is proven and class, with Balo we can only talk about potential.

the thing is yes we could stand by him but meanwhile he is a very expensive bit of stock, loosing value as his petulance takes over from his development and all the time we have balo's people in the background saying this, saying that. If we are not careful he could stagnate and end up being sold on the cheap. Yes it would be great to see him turn into the player that he apparently is, but do we have the time to see that through to fruition? It strikes me that the lad needs time to grow up and learn his trade, is our club the place to let that happen? This is one of the problems of joining the big club in the top section of the league, if we were mid table, we would have time to play him every game and put up with yellow cards, frustratingly bad performances etc....we don't!!!

City Raider said:
vallens said:

Some of Torres' best goals have been coming in from the left, I can think of a couple agianst Chelsea off the top of my head. I admire your passion for this kid but you shouldn't let it warp your mind. Torres is proven and class, with Balo we can only talk about potential.

TBF Balo has the potential to be a much much better player than Torres. The difference between the two currently is that Torres showed maturity beyond his years while still at At Madrid - he was their captain and their talisman.

I actually don't think that there is any great conspiracy surrounding Balo - I don't think City supporters or even the media particularly have it in for him - it's just more a case of him drawing attention to himself at times in a very negative manner.

Mancini has been openly critical, at least on the face of it, of the player in recent press conferences and I think that shows that his behaviour hasn't been at all beyond reproach since he joined.

mcfc1996 said:
I wouldn't have him in my best team now let alone when/if we buy another striker. He has yet to show anything to me that suggests he is the world beater some of you (and he) thinks he is.

You are kidding?

You wouldn't have him in the first 11?

Who do you have above him?

SWP's back said:
mcfc1996 said:
I wouldn't have him in my best team now let alone when/if we buy another striker. He has yet to show anything to me that suggests he is the world beater some of you (and he) thinks he is.

You are kidding?

You wouldn't have him in the first 11?

Who do you have above him?

AJ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.