I sincerely Hope Stoke Get To The Cup Final...

jrb said:
Oh God, it's the Stoke City appreciation society.(via Bluemoon)

All of a sudden Stoke's style of play deserves some credit because they beat City last night. Who are you lot trying to kid/convince? It's shite. It's one dimensional. It's thuggish. It's like watching Sunday league football. That's where it belongs, in the parks.

And it beat us.

5 star smitty said:
jrb said:
I want the world to see what basic PL(?) football looks like.
I want to see the FA produce a set of special edition FA Cup 2010 towels especially for Rory Delap that he can use during the game.
I want to see the FA squirm everytime he takes 30+ seonds to take a throw-in.
I want to see 90 minutes of Humping the ball into the air and into the corners of the pitch, hoping to win a throw-in.
I want to see Fuller running around like a demented idiot for 90 minutes, whilst moaning and complaining non-stop.
Most of all I want to see the loudest and most loyal fans in the world fill Wembley. (at least the '15,000' who used to bother turning up will get a ticket)

Com'on Stoke get to the cup final.

i know it's not obvious, cause of the way stoke play... but Fuller is 1 of the most skillful ballers in england. technical skill & ball control i'm talking about. i've been watching him play since he was a school boy, trust me, if he was on a true footballing squad you'd see his quality.

*** awaiting the crucifying replies ***

Spot on mate.

You don't score goals like this by trying to win a throw in:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TV4bXyl4uM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JLEjGuNX9M[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXciKdUuYrI[/youtube]

See, I'm not having the excuse that Stoke have limitations and that's why they play like they do. They are professional footballers, so in my humble opinion they can play football. I'm 99% sure given the opportunity, those Stoke players would rather play the beautiful game. They would rather pass the ball around the pitch to each other instead of being forced to hump it in the air. Pulis has a plan. It's called forcing the players to play that way. The players have no choice but to do it. It's like a dog. Throw it a ball and it will run around all day. Tell it to stop and it will. Pulis needs to let the dogs run free.

If and when teams get wise to Stokes tactics, becuase it will happen, and their results dry up, the 25, 20, 15,000 Stoke fans will be shouting for a new manager that plays football. OK the laundry room will have to lose a member of staff, but it's a sacrific worth making.

Tricky_Rici said:
5 star smitty said:
i know it's not obvious, cause of the way stoke play... but Fuller is 1 of the most skillful ballers in england. technical skill & ball control i'm talking about. i've been watching him play since he was a school boy, trust me, if he was on a true footballing squad you'd see his quality.

*** awaiting the crucifying replies ***

Spot on mate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TV4bXyl4uM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JLEjGuNX9M[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXciKdUuYrI[/youtube]

Please tell me how the majority of Stoke goals aginst City this season were created and scored.

fathellensbellend said:
jrb said:
Oh God, it's the Stoke City appreciation society.(via Bluemoon)

All of a sudden Stoke's style of play deserves some credit because they beat City last night. Who are you lot trying to kid/convince? It's shite. It's one dimensional. It's thuggish. It's like watching Sunday league football. That's where it belongs, in the parks.

And it beat us.

Once out of 4 attempts. Not bad really. It's got them into the last 8 of the FA CUP. Will it get them any further? I still prefer to look at the league table.

jrb said:
Tricky_Rici said:
Spot on mate.

Please tell me how the majority of Stoke goals aginst City this season were created and scored.

Not sure about majority mate, they don't seem to stick in my mind as much as they do yours though obviously. Enlighten me. ;-)

I would guess about the same amount as the freakish goals you've scored against us that involve lucky rebounds off the post or bouncing back off a defenders head who was on the floor. There's a million ways to score a goal and defenders have to deal with them all.

That's the joy with Fuller, he can do both and if he doesn't get past the defender down the channels it often ends up with a throw, but he rarely loses it. Fuller's spent practically his whole career running the channels and the outcome of that is you often get a lot throw ins. It's a long way from thinking he's lumbering donkey, with no skill and all we do is "play for throw-ins" which is what an awful of of people on here seem to think. He's a quality player with skill in abundance as your own supporter has just said who's watched him throughout his career and those YouTube clips show. He's been very unlucky with injuries including a very bad back injury as a youngster that nearly ended his career and has knees that could apparently go at any minute. A few years back though he was on the verge of joining Liverpool before the next injury came along and messed it up so Stoke fans aren't the only ones to notice it.

Everybody seems to think we'd be fucked if Delap got injured but in truth it's Fuller who's pivotal to our team and is the only one i'd have nightmares about getting injured.

Tricky_Rici said:

Not sure about majority mate, they don't seem to stick in my mind as much as they do yours though obviously. Enlighten me. ;-)

I would guess about the same amount as the freakish goals you've scored against us that involve lucky rebounds off the post or bouncing back off a defenders head who was on the floor. There's a million ways to score a goal and defenders have to deal with them all.

That's the joy with Fuller, he can do both and if he doesn't get past the defender down the channels it often ends up with a throw, but he rarely loses it. Fuller's spent practically his whole career running the channels and the outcome of that is you often get a lot throw ins. It's a long way from thinking he's lumbering donkey, with no skill and all we do is "play for throw-ins" which is what an awful ot of people on here seem to think. He's a quality player with skill in abundance as your own supporter has just said who's watched him throughout his career and those YouTube clips show. He's been very unlucky with injuries including a very bad back injury as a youngster that nearly ended his career and has knees that could apparently go at any minute. A few years back though he was on the verge of joining Liverpool before the next injury came along and messed it up.

Everybody seems to think we'd be fucked if Delap got injured but in truth it's Fuller who's pivotal to our team and is the only one i'd have nightmares about getting injured.

If he's that great.Why only one premier league goal this season?

jrb said:
I want the world to see what basic PL(?) football looks like.
I want to see the FA produce a set of special edition FA Cup 2010 towels especially for Rory Delap that he can use during the game.
I want to see the FA squirm everytime he takes 30+ seonds to take a throw-in.
I want to see 90 minutes of Humping the ball into the air and into the corners of the pitch, hoping to win a throw-in.
I want to see Fuller running around like a demented idiot for 90 minutes, whilst moaning and complaining non-stop.
Most of all I want to see the loudest and most loyal fans in the world fill Wembley. (at least the '15,000' who used to bother turning up will get a ticket)

Com'on Stoke get to the cup final.

28 000 capacity stadium with loads of empty seats.. loyal my arse.

jrb said:
fathellensbellend said:
And it beat us.

Once out of 4 attempts. Not bad really. It's got them into the last 8 of the FA CUP. Will it get them any further? I still prefer to look at the league table.

ffs. you do what you have to do to win matches. unfortunately we didnt. regarding stoke, they havent been blessed with owners like ours, or with the cash we have, not that its done us a tremendous amount of good so far, but we live in hope.

looking down your nose at other clubs is a rag trait, and showing a bit of humility wont hurt this club or its fans. because being arrogant twats make us look small time or worse, like scum

i wish stoke the best of luck because whats the alternative anyway. chelski , spurs or even worse, winning the fa cup

C.T.I.D.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.