I sincerely Hope Stoke Get To The Cup Final...

AliceAyres said:
jrb said:
I want the world to see what basic PL(?) football looks like.
I want to see the FA produce a set of special edition FA Cup 2010 towels especially for Rory Delap that he can use during the game.
I want to see the FA squirm everytime he takes 30+ seonds to take a throw-in.
I want to see 90 minutes of Humping the ball into the air and into the corners of the pitch, hoping to win a throw-in.
I want to see Fuller running around like a demented idiot for 90 minutes, whilst moaning and complaining non-stop.
Most of all I want to see the loudest and most loyal fans in the world fill Wembley. (at least the '15,000' who used to bother turning up will get a ticket)

Com'on Stoke get to the cup final.

The replica FA cup was a little premature then?

Did I take it? Get a sense of humour. Only in your eyes was it a issue and a problem

jrb said:
xirtarg said:
Because I can watch other teams and understand how they play to their own strengths I'll buy a ticket to watch them? FFS, is this what we've resorted to?

Football is played however you want it to be played as long as it's within the rules of the game, so unfortunately keeping the ball in the air a lot is football. As the 'footballing' team, we should have figured out a way to stop them. Instead of bemoaning their play, maybe you should look at ours, or weren't there enough flaws in that for you to moan about?

Guess what. I understand football as well. Would I pay to watch that shite? Would i f***! If you want to pay £30-40 to watch a back four hump the ball into the corners for 90 minutes hoping Fuller get's a throw-in, more fool you. If you want to bang the hoardings and make silly noises just before Delap wipes the ball and lobs it in, more fool you. I'll stick to watching a team that tries to play football. I saw it under Hughes and I've seen it under Mancini.

One more point. If Stoke's style of football is so good, why aren't they above us in the league?

Try reading the post... not once did i say their style of play was good, i said that different teams play with different styles, if you dont understand that then more fool you.

Their style of play is sufficient for what they expect from the league position and what they expect in the cups. Anything else is a bonus. You need to stop taking everything said as a personal insult and let logic take control for a short while.

i didn't say 'you don't understand football' did i? i can just appreciate why Stoke play the way they play. If their fans are happy with it, good for them, if they aren't, let them fill THEIR message board with complaints.

Whenever we get opposition fans on here, all we can do is try and take the piss out of their team. They WERE better than us last night, and we weren't playing particularly well before Ade got sent off either. We hadn't gone ahead in that 90 minutes, nor did we look particularly likely to do so after Barrys missed header from half a yard.

Thanks xirtag & Gstar, at least there are a few people on here man enough to stand up and tell it how it is instead of the usual moaning, whining and excuses. There's no Stoke fans that think we have a better team than you, play better football, have more history or think we'll be in the champions league in the near future which you are very likely to do. We are "at the moment" just a bunch of very hard working players all playing together as a team and punching well above our weight. Slag us off for long ball monotony all you like but if it's that shit then how are we not floundering down the bottom with the new premiership flavour of the month Burnley, just the same as West Brom.

Do we play scintillating football? Do we fuck.
Do we have a team full of cloggers, bruisers and kickers? Etherington, Tuncay, Whelan and Fuller would suggest otherwise.
Can we defend a lot better than most? Yes
Do we get any credit for it? Basically never, not from opposition fans anyway.

Defending has always been a part of the game and it always will be. We may not have world class players in attacking areas to entertain the neutrals but we've only been here for 5 minutes and things will improve over time as they are doing.

As for the FA Cup argument, i can pretty much guarantee as a world wide spectacle that most neutrals would prefer to watch last night's game as the final over the snooze-fest that you and Liverpool served up last weekend.

You have the better players and the league points table says you have the better team aswell, no argument. However over the last few games you've not been able to impose that on us and make your quality show as we defended very very well so we deserved to knock you out. Such a shame so few of you can just be honest enough to admit it and have to spout the usual sour grapes, "Your shit, you cheat with the throws, we were robbed" bullshit.

what arrogance, we bemoan stoke's style of play, and yet i have just sat through 2 months of the most boring football ever.

the way some people are talking we are a cross between brazil 1970 and the prsent spanish team, when in reallity we are a cautious, defensive, narrow and dull.

Tricky_Rici said:
Thanks xirtag & Gstar, at least there are a few people on here man enough to stand up and tell it how it is instead of the usual moaning, whining and excuses. There's no Stoke fans that think we have a better team than you, play better football, have more history or think we'll be in the champions league in the near future which you are very likely to do. We are "at the moment" just a bunch of very hard working players all playing together as a team and punching well above our weight. Slag us off for long ball monotony all you like but if it's that shit then how are we not floundering down the bottom with the new premiership flavour of the month Burnley, just the same as West Brom.

Do we play scintillating football? Do we fuck.
Do we have a team full of cloggers, bruisers and kickers? Etherington, Tuncay, Whelan and Fuller would suggest otherwise.
Can we defend a lot better than most? Yes
Do we get any credit for it? Basically never, not from opposition fans anyway.

Defending has always been a part of the game and it always will be. We may not have world class players in attacking areas to entertain the neutrals but we've only been here for 5 minutes and things will improve over time as they are doing.

As for the FA Cup argument, i can pretty much guarantee as a world wide spectacle that most neutrals would prefer to watch last night's game as the final over the snooze-fest that you and Liverpool served up last weekend.

You have the better players and the league points table says you have the better team aswell, no argument. However over the last few games you've not been able to impose that on us and make your quality show as we defended very very well so we deserved to knock you out. Such a shame so few of you can just be honest enough to admit it and have to spout the usual sour grapes, "Your shit, you cheat with the throws, we were robbed" bullshit.

Excellent post.

jrb said:
FEEDHIMGARY said:
exactly. they play within their limitations. and they are good at it.

we are becoming such twats as fans.

I'm a twat becuase I think Stoke's style of play is shite. That's my opinion. If it makes me a twat, so be it. I could think the same of you for accepting that style of play and making excuses for it. Who's the bigger twat?

did i call you a twat??

we think we have a right to win football matches because we attempt to play in a style that is more pleasing to watch.

stoke have a shite team technically, put together for a fraction of our squad.

they have found their way of getting results.... that is all.

it is the expectancy of our fans and the subsequent ridicule of others that makes us twats.

jrb said:
I want the world to see what basic PL(?) football looks like.
I want to see the FA produce a set of special edition FA Cup 2010 towels especially for Rory Delap that he can use during the game.
I want to see the FA squirm everytime he takes 30+ seonds to take a throw-in.
I want to see 90 minutes of Humping the ball into the air and into the corners of the pitch, hoping to win a throw-in.
I want to see Fuller running around like a demented idiot for 90 minutes, whilst moaning and complaining non-stop.
Most of all I want to see the loudest and most loyal fans in the world fill Wembley. (at least the '15,000' who used to bother turning up will get a ticket)

Com'on Stoke get to the cup final.

i know it's not obvious, cause of the way stoke play... but Fuller is 1 of the most skillful ballers in england. technical skill & ball control i'm talking about. i've been watching him play since he was a school boy, trust me, if he was on a true footballing squad you'd see his quality.

*** awaiting the crucifying replies ***

Oh God, it's the Stoke City appreciation society.(via Bluemoon)

All of a sudden Stoke's style of play deserves some credit because they beat City last night. Who are you lot trying to kid/convince? It's shite. It's one dimensional. It's thuggish. It's like watching Sunday league football. That's where it belongs, in the parks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.