I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the know how and the experience to pull it off for sure.

Two key elements for me are obviously keeping Silva, Kun and Yaya fit to drive us. Zabs would be important as well but Sagna is playing so well that might not matter.

Second thing is the away form. We need to start winning away and winning scruffy away. We can't go to Leicester and Watford and West Ham just assuming that the way we play at home will be fine. It won't. He has to give a nod to their strengths and sit deeper and concede possession to draw them all out.

If we can win 4 or 5 and draw 2 or 3 away from home the home form will see us through it fine.

Now the CL on the other hand I only think we will come second......

We have played like utter dross at times during the first half of the season. Against Stoke and Liverpool we played as poorly as I can think of in many years and looked no great shakes against several other sides. Throw the injuries in and it's frankly a bit shocking we're as close as we are to the top. I detest the term "flat-track bullies" but there's been a whiff of it about.

Seems to me that a 20% improvement in work rate, a second half without a major injury blow to the spine (which may already be here with VK, but we don't know), and a 20% increase in managerial brainpower applied to adjusting tactics to opponents gets us the Prem title, perhaps even (dare we dream) by a few points depending on what others do.

Now . . . whether any or all of these things happen is anyone's guess. But as I'm sure someone's pointed out, we get all of the current top 6 at home in the 2nd half (obviously we still play LC away too).

There is still no question in my mind that we are the best team in England when fit and playing at even 70% of our ability. A bit of application by all concerned and we win this league. If we don't, we'll either have had another half season of injuries like the first, or we'll have tossed it away mindlessly and/or through sloth IMO.

We'll have a good idea after the next 2 PL games, which are Leceister and Watford away, while Arsenal have Bournemouth and Newcastle at home. Let's be honest, Arsenal should and will take 6 points. What about us?

After those 2 matches we've got a tough run away of matches, as well some tough home matches. And 3 head to head matches against Everton in the COC.

I tipped Arsenal this year. Still think they will win it. Spurs look good ATM though. Definitely a dark horse for the title. If Vinny would have stayed fit, then I think it would have been between us and Arsenal. Unfortunately our back 4 concedes too many goals, which will cost us the title in the end. :-(

After Spurs at home is the 1st leg of the CL away to Kiev.

Including the Christmas against matches Arsenal and Sunderland, that we be 13 matches in 2 months.

image.png

image.png

Last edited:
We'll have a good idea after the next 2 PL games, which are Leceister and Watford away, while Arsenal have Bournemouth and Newcastle at home. Let's be honest, Arsenal should and will take 6 points. What about us?

After those 2 matches we've got a tough run away of matches, as well some tough home matches. And 3 head to head matches against Everton in the COC.

I tipped Arsenal this year. Still think they will win it. Spurs look good ATM though. Definitely a dark horse for the title. If Vinny would have stayed fit, then I think it would have been between us and Arsenal. Unfortunately our back 4 concedes too many goals, which will cost us the title in the end. :-(

After Spurs at home is the 1st leg of the CL away to Kiev.

Including the Christmas against matches Arsenal and Sunderland, that we be 13 matches in 2 months.

image.png

image.png

If we lose our next 2 games and Arsenal win there 2 the league ain't over still a long way to go.

Last edited:
Considering the way we won the league the last two times: just keep in touch with the top and at the end of the season we will be there.

Anyway, I think with the money spend this summer and Chelsea/United being horrible awful we should walk the league what we don't. Real shame.

Considering the way we won the league the last two times: just keep in touch with the top and at the end of the season we will be there.

Anyway, I think with the money spend this summer and Chelsea/United being horrible awful we should walk the league what we don't. Real shame.
We'd have had this league won already if Kompany, Silva and Aguero had been fit.

You can't find subs for those players. They are what makes City special.

We need a break of some sort against Leicester. To be honest we look a million miles off being Champions at the moment. We're weak in central defence and in transition in midfield.

We can win it because Chelsea have fallen apart. Arsenal are Arsenal, and Leicester lack depth. Even Spurs have probably got half a chance.

The performance of Southampton at home to Arsenal was exceptional. The top 4 are weak. The rest have improved.

The weak point is the defending. I think we have to drop Toure and protect the back 4. It's as if we are not prepared to move on. Until we do we are going to leak goals and take one step forward and then one back again. Toure is quality on the ball. He's proven that in the last few games, but if we are to win the league we have to bolster the central defence somehow. I'd do it by bolstering the central midfield and stopping teams running at our back 4. We still have enough attacking ability in our team to do that.

Last edited:
If we lose our next 2 games and Arsenal win there 2 the league ain't over still a long way to go.

I think if we have lost 7 games after 20 then it would take something special from there to win the league. We really need to be looking at 4 points in the next 2. I think the fact we had the game won after 20 mins yesterday will help us Tuesday. Watford look a very decent well organised side though and that will be tough.

You never know with us. We are capable of the sublime to the ridiculous in the space of 4 days so let's just hope we can get two wins. If we are on 41 points after 20 games then that puts us in a very strong position.

I think if we have lost 7 games after 20 then it would take something special from there to win the league. We really need to be looking at 4 points in the next 2. I think the fact we had the game won after 20 mins yesterday will help us Tuesday. Watford look a very decent well organised side though and that will be tough.

You never know with us. We are capable of the sublime to the ridiculous in the space of 4 days so let's just hope we can get two wins. If we are on 41 points after 20 games then that puts us in a very strong position.

The league this year is mad so can see more losses by a team who win the league than ever before 80 points I reckon will be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.