I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
The margin for error decreases by the week.

Arsenal and Spurs are not teams who can get consistent results under pressure.

However, if we give Arsenal a six or seven point gap, they might have enough in check to play without the fear a team like City should be providing.

A must-win at Watford for me.

However, if we give Arsenal a six or seven point gap, they might have enough in check to play without the fear a team like City should be providing.

The common theme among the two recent seasons we lost the league was an embarrassing lack of pressure on the eventual winners. If we're going to be pipped to the post again this season we better make a proper fight of it until the end.

At this point if we compare this seasons results to last season's (replacing relegated sides for promoted teams) we are 5 points worse off. Given the additions we have made this simply isn't good enough however the fact we are only 3 points behind is a positive sign. We kno these players can do much better and we have an opportunity this weekend at watford to improve our tally. We must be going in to the game with a positive mentality looking to win it

Absolutely spot on but you'll probably get crucified for saying this by the clappers

For me we have to start creating more chances away from home.

The possession tippy tappy stuff is great if it turns into goals but with us it doesnt..

We will not win the league if we cannot win more games away from home..

If we did win it, what would we expect from Pep a year on. Or is Pep the reason why we aren't doing our best this year. Perhaps too many players feeling a little insecure.

The possession tippy tappy stuff is great if it turns into goals but with us it doesnt..

We're creating a lot of chances but not converting them. Not direct enough around the 18 yard box.

We're half way through the season and despite a raft of injuries to key players we're three points off top (with a better goal difference) with both the teams above us having to come to the Etihad. Yes we're not playing well at the moment but no team goes through a season without a run of poor results at some stage. I'd say we're in a pretty good position.

Totally agree, the tippy tappy stuff is nice and possession football is a must against the bigger teams, but the smaller teams don't have any respect for that and they just surge through us a lot of the time . De bryune typifies the way we should play Imo, with pace and urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.