I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had to use the same players 3 games in a week almost all season had we of had the proficient quality in reserve I think we would've picked up all 3 points against West Brom, Norwich and especially Spurs, a game where Cazorla was absoloutley shattered after 10 minutes due to overplaying. Chelseas position at this stage last season is totally irrelevant. Why do you bring that up?

The only advantage City have over Arsenal is the experience of getting over the line in a title race when things really begin to heat up but Ive always thought we are the better team than you guys due to our cohesion and balance between defence to attack.

I bring Chelsea up because they were in great form in the first half of last season and they still weren't 10points clear. When was the last time anyone was 10points clear at this stage? Your claim that, if Arsenal were fully fit they would be 10 points clear is ridiculous

City have plenty of advantages of Arsenal, not least that we have better players. Also a mentality in the ground that anything is possible and we will carry on regardless. That is not something you can say of Arsenal as they have had 10 years of folding when it matters

Thats Ignorant

Rosicky, Welbeck, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Coquelin and Koscielny are all very important for the balance and rotation of our squad alongside Sanchez and would all make a difference.

Can we have your email address so that when your side inevitably loses top spot and you fuck off somewhere else, we can continue the discussion on squad cohesion and who has the better team....

Seriously you have to be the most deluded fans in the PL, how you have the temerity to chat shit is beyond me

A lot of goons coming out of the woodwork , never seen them on here before , they scrape a win at home against us , beat the mighty Bournemouth to got top of the league , and they are all of a sudden experts on "sustainable success" , would be interesting to see how many are posting in May , after their football club have completed their annual bottle job

Im on here because Im a footbal fan and believe it or not quite like Manchester Citys style of play, even though you've poached good players from us!

We havent bottled anything, won 2 fa cups in a row have exceeded expectations every year in terms of our league position since 2007. The last 2 seasons and this season so far injuries have been the only thing holding us back from a title imo.

City; Watford (A), Everton (H), Palace (H), WHU (A), Sunderland (A), Leicester (H), Spurs (H)

Arsenal; Newcastle (H), Liverpool (A), Stoke (A), Chelsea (H), Soton (H), Bournemouth (A), Leicester (H)

Leicester; Bournemouth (H), Spurs (A), Villa (A), Stoke (H), Liverpool (H), City (A), Arsenal (A)

We have a huge fixture advantage over the next 7 games, we really should be top by the end of it.
I'd argue that West Ham (with Payet back), Everton with Lukaku's form and the best defence in the league (Spurs) are all very tricky fixtures. Arsenal probably have the easier 7 games with only Stoke, Leicester and maybe Chelsea being likely to take any points off them.

EDIT: However as we speak, Arsenal haven't registered a shot on target against Newcastle. This season is giving me a heart attack.

Last edited:
Im on here because Im a footbal fan and believe it or not quite like Manchester Citys style of play, even though you've poached good players from us!

We havent bottled anything, won 2 fa cups in a row have exceeded expectations every year in terms of our league position since 2007. The last 2 seasons and this season so far injuries have been the only thing holding us back from a title imo.

all teams get injuries , the only thing that has held AFC back is the refusal of your club to spend the alleged £200m they have in their bank account , whilst charging their supporters £2k annually for their season cards , and to be fair , i also like the way Wengers teams play their football .(Unfortunately i also remember the George Graham era , boring , turgid and result driven) . You have been short of a midfield enforcer like DeJong , Vieira ,Peter Storey (remember him?) for years , its a glaring fault with your current team , and until that is fixed , your annual trips to Wembley will be your only solace.

all teams get injuries , the only thing that has held AFC back is the refusal of your club to spend the alleged £200m they have in their bank account , whilst charging their supporters £2k annually for their season cards , and to be fair , i also like the way Wengers teams play their football .(Unfortunately i also remember the George Graham era , boring , turgid and result driven) . You have been short of a midfield enforcer like DeJong , Vieira ,Peter Storey (remember him?) for years , its a glaring fault with your current team , and until that is fixed , your annual trips to Wembley will be your only solace.
Half way through the season and they are top of the league.

all teams get injuries , the only thing that has held AFC back is the refusal of your club to spend the alleged £200m they have in their bank account , whilst charging their supporters £2k aually for their season cards , and to be fair , i also like the way Wengers teams play their football .(Unfortunately i also remember the George Graham era , boring , turgid and result driven) . You have been short of a midfield enforcer like DeJong , Vieira ,Peter Storey (remember him?) for years , its a glaring fault wit h your current team , and until that is fixed , your annual trips to Wembley will be your only solace.

Thats just short-sighted and foolish if you seriously believe the reason we have not won a title is due to a resistance to spend outlandish money. Teams like Leicester, West Ham and Stoke have limited financial clout theyre all having good seasons fighting to be contenders for the European positions. Barcelona, arguably the greatest side of all time have had a nucleus of Spanish players within their side whom all grew up together in the youth academy and were schooled a style of football to execute on the pitch which generated sustainable success without having to spend £50 million on average like Sterling. Bayern Munich are the same to a lesser extent, guys like Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Muller were all players who broke into the side from the academy and went on to become integral to the teams future triumphs.Look at United and Liverpool, spent ridiculous amounts of money in the lat 2 seasons and what have they got to show for it? Where is the cohesiveness and playing style continuity within those 2 sides? After all they've spent its ridiculous and I'll tell you what such an approach will see teams more likely to become the next Leeds than the next Barcelona.

Yes we have never truly replaced Viera but its not a prerequisite for a team to have an all action midfielder in the side to win trophies just a midfielder who holds and for other players to work hard and to be quite honest I doubt we will see a player of Vieras quality for a long long time because he was sensational!

Last edited:
I know Yaya just scored and I was with the OP until about 30 mins ago, but it seems a bit out of reach. We've been poor for ages, as Sergio scores. Sod it what do I know anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.