I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have played 8 of the top 10 away. We have won at Everton, palace, west brom, Watford - drawn away at the rags and leisceter. We are about to buy Isco and have had our best striker and defender out nearly all year. I think we have a huge chance now.

We've played everyone in the current top 12 (WBA are 12th) away from home bar WHU and LFC

Without reading through the previous 40 odd pages to see if this point has been made I'm going to throw my hat in the ring on this because (and I know this is a controversial point on bluemoon) but the reason we've won the league the last 2 times has been because out main rivals have bottled it. Arsenal haven't been in this position for a while and I think that come April they'll drop some silly points. And then they come to the Etihad penultimate game of the season.

To counter all the "we've played all the top teams away" comments. That also then means we've played all the crap at home where we should be able to pick up easy points and rest players. Therefore, we've got no "easy" games left, top teams at home followed by struggling teams away at the back end of the season when they're fighting for their lives against a team where midfield players are still walking back to the halfway line whilst the opposition have had two attacks.

Having all the home teams left to play at home isn't necessarily the huge advantage we seem to think it is.

We have had to use the same players 3 games in a week almost all season had we of had the proficient quality in reserve I think we would've picked up all 3 points against West Brom, Norwich and especially Spurs, a game where Cazorla was absoloutley shattered after 10 minutes due to overplaying. Chelseas position at this stage last season is totally irrelevant. Why do you bring that up?

The only advantage City have over Arsenal is the experience of getting over the line in a title race when things really begin to heat up but Ive always thought we are the better team than you guys due to our cohesion and balance between defence to attack.

Since when? since you lost your meds?

Feel lucky that Cazorla had played enough to feel shattered. Your best players have played a significant amount more this season than ours have

Without reading through the previous 40 odd pages to see if this point has been made I'm going to throw my hat in the ring on this because (and I know this is a controversial point on bluemoon) but the reason we've won the league the last 2 times has been because out main rivals have bottled it. Arsenal haven't been in this position for a while and I think that come April they'll drop some silly points. And then they come to the Etihad penultimate game of the season.

Liverpool losing to Chelsea doesn't really constitute bottling it. The draw at Palace was funny but irrelevant

Couple of cup games to come and then two matches at home v everton and palace. We need to make those home games count and take 6 points. If we can do that then I will start to believe.

You ever heard the term "you gotta be in it to win it" ? What if we did not stuff utd 1-6? what if what if what if. Can you see where i am going with this?
We would have been nowhere near had we not gone on a great run at the business end of the season.
I can see your reasoning but it is far to simplistic in my view.

To counter all the "we've played all the top teams away" comments. That also then means we've played all the crap at home where we should be able to pick up easy points and rest players. Therefore, we've got no "easy" games left, top teams at home followed by struggling teams away at the back end of the season when they're fighting for their lives against a team where midfield players are still walking back to the halfway line whilst the opposition have had two attacks.

Having all the home teams left to play at home isn't necessarily the huge advantage we seem to think it is.

Your glass half full outlook needs a lot of work.

Some people can always be relied upon to be depressive.

Liverpool losing to Chelsea doesn't really constitute bottling it. The draw at Palace was funny but irrelevant

Not to mention we were daylight-robbed at Candle-field 2 weeks earlier, without which the great slip would have been not even a footnote in history,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.