I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just felt for around a year now our balance between defending and attakckng renders us the more proficient team unit, Wenger is more intelligent than Pellegrini who is also a top coach and underrated imo for what he achieved in 2014 coincided with the enjoyable style of play he's introduced and Im not completely convinced the determination to attain a third title exists from some of your players; seems the objective is more directed to European progression? Like I said earlier I really like Citys style of play and watch many of your games including yesterdays at Watford and despite getting the equaliser it just doesn't seem like Toure really gives a damn but you cant question his productivity however which points to how much quality he has.

If i were a gunner i would say the same about my team and have a reasonable amount of conviction in my feelings. You could well be right about player focus to, tbh i am just hoping we turn up match by match whatever the competition.
Their is apathy around us atm with injuries frustrating us the most to create such an atmosphere. With that i mean for example, no Kompany = rest of players have heart in mouth if Mangala has to deal with a tricky situation.

Yaya is a strange one, he is good but we make major concessions to accommodate him. I think this summer he will leave, especially if Pep comes as he is not a Pep player.

If i were a gunner i would say the same about my team and have a reasonable amount of conviction in my feelings. You could well be right about player focus to, tbh i am just hoping we turn up match by match whatever the competition.
Their is apathy around us atm with injuries frustrating us the most to create such an atmosphere. With that i mean for example, no Kompany = rest of players have heart in mouth if Mangala has to deal with a tricky situation.

Yaya is a strange one, he is good but we make major concessions to accommodate him. I think this summer he will leave, especially if Pep comes as he is not a Pep player.

Yer good points.

Overall its good to see the two sides challenging for the league this year both play an exciting brand of attacking football unlike Chelsea or Manchester United. Its good for English football.

Ive just felt for around a year now our balance between defending and attakckng renders us the more proficient team unit, Wenger is more intelligent than Pellegrini who is also a top coach and underrated imo for what he achieved in 2014 coincided with the enjoyable style of play he's introduced and Im not completely convinced the determination to attain a third title exists from some of your players; seems the objective is more directed to European progression? Like I said earlier I really like Citys style of play and watch many of your games including yesterdays at Watford and despite getting the equaliser it just doesn't seem like Toure really gives a damn but you cant question his productivity however which points to how much quality he has.

You've absolutely got the better team unit. City rely heavily on individual talent to win us most games. We're very lucky we have so much of it around. Take away the first 5 games and City haven't played as a team all season. We play like one of these all star 11's that have turned up for a exhibition game. Arsenal, whilst having a handful of top class players and a two brilliant individuals of your own are much more coherent as a team. You play as a team and move as a team. You have a defined style, and score team goals. Your problems lie with a lack of cover in key areas combined with a questionable mentality and not enough individual match winners when things aren't going your way.

You've absolutely got the better team unit. City rely heavily on individual talent to win us most games. We're very lucky we have so much of it around. Take away the first 5 games and City haven't played as a team all season. We play like one of these all star 11's that have turned up for a exhibition game. Arsenal, whilst having a handful of top class players and a two brilliant individuals of your own are much more coherent as a team. You play as a team and move as a team. You have a defined style, and score team goals. Your problems lie with a lack of cover in key areas combined with a questionable mentality and not enough individual match winners when things aren't going your way.
Believe what you want. But the facts have us similar in possession stats. We concede less shots than they do, have more shots on goal than they do, frankly they are been driven primarily by the brilliance of Ozil, while we have more players pitching in. I don't get this silly narrative that we are being pulled by individual brilliance. What exactly does that mean? Did Yaya pick up the ball from Hart and waltz thru Watford and score? or Did Aguero dribble 5 defenders then flick the ball on his head before nodding it in?

Some even believe the narrative that we stole the game, when it was Watford who scored off an own goal from a corner that should never have been. Yet we score our own corner too then a 2nd from a fantastic open play interplay between Sagna and Navas and a sweet cross that was deftly placed by a great striker. But hey, let's believe that is all individual brilliance.

Not claiming we are playing great football, but that's because our best players outside of Yaya have been mostly injured.

Believe what you want. But the facts have us similar in possession stats. We concede less shots than they do, have more shots on goal than they do, frankly they are been driven primarily by the brilliance of Ozil, while we have more players pitching in. I don't get this silly narrative that we are being pulled by individual brilliance. What exactly does that mean? Did Yaya pick up the ball from Hart and waltz thru Watford and score? or Did Aguero dribble 5 defenders then flick the ball on his head before nodding it in?

Some even believe the narrative that we stole the game, when it was Watford who scored off an own goal from a corner that should never have been. Yet we score our own corner too then a 2nd from a fantastic open play interplay between Sagna and Navas and a sweet cross that was deftly placed by a great striker. But hey, let's believe that is all individual brilliance.

Not claiming we are playing great football, but that's because our best players outside of Yaya have been mostly injured.

AWTA. We were the better side, controlled more of the game and created more chances. We could also very easily have had a penalty with Fernandinho being hauled to the ground.

Found the NBC analysis predictably pathetic with Robbie Mustoe lambasting City for being ordinary and stating he considers us less likely to win the title after today. Presumably he didn't see Arsenal who actually were outplayed, in a much easier fixture at home to a relegation-threatened side.

To counter all the "we've played all the top teams away" comments. That also then means we've played all the crap at home where we should be able to pick up easy points and rest players. Therefore, we've got no "easy" games left, top teams at home followed by struggling teams away at the back end of the season when they're fighting for their lives against a team where midfield players are still walking back to the halfway line whilst the opposition have had two attacks.

Having all the home teams left to play at home isn't necessarily the huge advantage we seem to think it is.
I don't think 'we' feel it's a huge advantage (although that depends on your definition of 'we') however I certainly don't think it's a disadvantage. I've yet to hear one person suggest that we're expected to win the title purely because of our run of home games.

A lot of our key players have been injured for... it seems like forever this season.

I think we'll win the league simply because I feel that our best players haven't been on the pitch together long enough to develop the chemistry it takes for top performances.

Worrisome though is that with Kun out, we don't seem to have an adequate striker, and with Kompany out our defensive organization seems to suffer hugely.

I hope we win it and believe we can but it wouldn't surprise me if Spurs and Arsenal are right in at at the end.

Love it when I read that Yaya is not a Pep player.

How would anyone know what exactly Pep thinks or has planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.