I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without reading through the previous 40 odd pages to see if this point has been made I'm going to throw my hat in the ring on this because (and I know this is a controversial point on bluemoon) but the reason we've won the league the last 2 times has been because out main rivals have bottled it. Arsenal haven't been in this position for a while and I think that come April they'll drop some silly points. And then they come to the Etihad penultimate game of the season.

By that logic, anyone who wins the title with less than 114 points has done so cos the rivals bottled it.

To counter all the "we've played all the top teams away" comments. That also then means we've played all the crap at home where we should be able to pick up easy points and rest players. Therefore, we've got no "easy" games left, top teams at home followed by struggling teams away at the back end of the season when they're fighting for their lives against a team where midfield players are still walking back to the halfway line whilst the opposition have had two attacks.

Having all the home teams left to play at home isn't necessarily the huge advantage we seem to think it is.

Without reading through the previous 40 odd pages to see if this point has been made I'm going to throw my hat in the ring on this because (and I know this is a controversial point on bluemoon) but the reason we've won the league the last 2 times has been because out main rivals have bottled it. Arsenal haven't been in this position for a while and I think that come April they'll drop some silly points. And then they come to the Etihad penultimate game of the season.
Didn't Liverpool win something like 11 straight games before the Chelsea game? Bit of a stretch to call that a bottle job because they lost against the team that finished 3rd that also went on to win the league the following season. More like they got outthought by Mourinho on the day and Gerrard after his slip was trying too hard to be a hero.The Palace game didn't make a difference as it was in our hands at that point anyway.

The facts are we won more games than Liverpool, scored more goals and conceded less than them and so were deserved champions.

Didn't Liverpool win something like 11 straight games before the Chelsea game? Bit of a stretch to call that a bottle job because they lost against the team that finished 3rd that also went on to win the league the following season. More like they got outthought by Mourinho on the day and Gerrard after his slip was trying too hard to be a hero.The Palace game didn't make a difference as it was in our hands at that point anyway.

The facts are we won more games than Liverpool, scored more goals and conceded less than them and so were deserved champions.

Just to add to that regarding "the slip".
It was not a bobble or hard luck, he took his eye off the ball and it went past him. That is poor play, not some random unlucky fluke.
The rest was terrible management on Rodgers part. We stayed cool and they did not, this counts for a hell of a lot.

It was not a bobble or hard luck, he took his eye off the ball and it went past him. That is poor play, not some random unlucky fluke.
The rest was terrible management on Rodgers part. We stayed cool and they did not, this counts for a hell of a lot.
Liverpool won the league that year ya daft sod.

Demba Ba clearly fouled him, Jimmy Liddel doesn't lie.

"Ba fuchen fouls him, keep your chin up Stevie laa" forgot how funny that was, nearly did a bit of wee in my pants from laughing haha.

@dronefromsector7G ofc, this was rude and insensitive of me not to pay proper respect to Liverpool FC - Premiership champions 2013-14.
Long live lord Stevie of Kopthorne (twinned with sliponmyarseville).

Last edited:
As long as we don't have to start Demichelis at any point, we should win the league imo.

Since when? since you lost your meds?

Feel lucky that Cazorla had played enough to feel shattered. Your best players have played a significant amount more this season than ours have

Ive just felt for around a year now our balance between defending and attakckng renders us the more proficient team unit, Wenger is more intelligent than Pellegrini who is also a top coach and underrated imo for what he achieved in 2014 coincided with the enjoyable style of play he's introduced and Im not completely convinced the determination to attain a third title exists from some of your players; seems the objective is more directed to European progression? Like I said earlier I really like Citys style of play and watch many of your games including yesterdays at Watford and despite getting the equaliser it just doesn't seem like Toure really gives a damn but you cant question his productivity however which points to how much quality he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.