I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
That article does not say that, it actually says Pep wanted him to stay but then also says Yaya felt Pep wanted him to go. Who do we believe? What suits us?

I would throw in Yaya at City said he felt unappreciated over a cake not being given, so I am leaning to Pep.

Love it when I read that Yaya is not a Pep player.

How would anyone know what exactly Pep thinks or has planned.

Yaya on Pep...

"Whenever I asked him something, he always gave strange answers," Toure told ONA FM. "He pretty much ignored me until City's offer came in. That's why I eventually opted to leave. I didn't speak to Guardiola for a year.

"If he had talked to me, I would have stayed at Barcelona. I did not want to go and wanted to end my career at Barcelona. However, he had no faith in me."

Pep also had him down as a defensive mid which he is just not and would not let him move up.
He had him as understudy to Busquets which pissed off Yaya. When they sold him Pep made no objections which says it all.
All this is on the net to see, a simple google would have answered your query.
To but it simply i think Yaya and Pep will be amicable at dinners and speeches but no more.

You may be right but i think evidence shows here something is wrong. It goes against what you are assuming imo and if i were a gambling man i would put my cash on him getting rid of Yaya or giving him a severely reduced role.

Yaya on Pep...

"Whenever I asked him something, he always gave strange answers," Toure told ONA FM. "He pretty much ignored me until City's offer came in. That's why I eventually opted to leave. I didn't speak to Guardiola for a year.

"If he had talked to me, I would have stayed at Barcelona. I did not want to go and wanted to end my career at Barcelona. However, he had no faith in me."

Pep also had him down as a defensive mid which he is just not and would not let him move up.
He had him as understudy to Busquets which pissed off Yaya. When they sold him Pep made no objections which says it all.
All this is on the net to see, a simple google would have answered your query.
To but it simply i think Yaya and Pep will be amicable at dinners and speeches but no more.
Wasn't there a bit of bromance between the two when we met in the CL?

Wasn't there a bit of bromance between the two when we met in the CL?

They may even be some how friends outside of footy but i can't see them as best buds.
I think it was a bit of a respect thing and with a smile ofc Yaya saying "told you i was an attacking midfielder".
Something which Pep may have known all along but just not had room as he had better options ahead of Yaya.

Either way both have done well since they parted ways.

You can choose to believe Yaya. I choose not to. Not once in that article you linked does Pep say he wanted Yaya out but the opposite.

Yaya I am glad to say chose us because of the deal offered. The spin is what it is.

I tell you what, we have a decent run of fixtures coming up compared to our rivals. These next 5 games in the league is a huge chance for us to close the gap and put ourselves in the driving seat.

You can choose to believe Yaya. I choose not to. Not once in that article you linked does Pep say he wanted Yaya out but the opposite.

Yaya I am glad to say chose us because of the deal offered. The spin is what it is.

I have no axe to grind here either way, just going of what i see from the outside and what is written.
For me seeing how it panned out and looking at Yaya's story the two knit in rather to well for coincidence.
If however pep comes and wants Yaya then great, i reckon he would want to prove himself to Pep and would play like a monster again more regularly.
It seems more of a hope than a real possibility though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.