I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
On paper we have a great chance. Having seen the game tonight, do we want to win it? Sounds a ridiculous question but we didn't play like there was anything at stake.

We just don't look like a champion side. We have so few leaders, we have so few players who play with tenacity and fight, we play with such a lacklustre pace, our passing is too slow and boring, we aren't ruthless enough, we play like we don't believe in ourselves and we have a bit of a soft underbelly.

We look like Arsenal, in fact we've turned into Arsenal c.2008-2013.

Is Pelle trying to "manage the season" as much as the team?
Is the intention to still have plenty of lead in the pencil come Feb/March when big games come around every 3 days?
Kompany's absence is a worry.

Not a hope in hell. We don't want it enough
I agree. That was what I was thinking. Compare this team and this performance to the team Kompany led in our first title win.

The crowd and the players were well up for it then. We have to make this happen, but we don't seem to realise it or believe that we can do it.

Not a hope in hell. We don't want it enough
That's what it looks like. We don't play with the required hunger to go and win this quite possibly easiest title there for the taking you could ever wish for.

I think you can feel it in the atmospheres too, the fans don't really believe in this team/manager neither.

I agree. That was what I was thinking. Compare this team and this performance to the team Kompany led in our first title win.

The crowd and the players were well up for it then. We have to make this happen, but we don't seem to realise it or believe that we can do it.
But that was when we had this massive inferiority complex and thought that these things never happen to us.
We have now done it not once but twice and we have the distractions of CL latter stages and the spectre of Pep hanging over the club.
My own view is that MP wants to leave with a feel good factor following him and something that Pep has to work hard to surpass. The PL and bog all else won't do that.

We look someway short of a title winning side, but who else is a stand out candidate to win it?

Arsenal? Much like City on their day can beat anyone in the league with ease. Lots of injury prone players and if they come up against a hard working side frequently come unstuck, i am not sure they can improve that much...unlike City who could well have a late run as has happened previously.

Leicester....bound to fall away, maybe??!! No European fixtures to distract them and have tonight won away at Spurs without Vardy or Mahrez doing much.....just cant see them winning it but after tonights results they really should finish top 4.

Spurs Getting better but still inconsistant and do have the Thursday cup to disrupt things

Rags All common sense says not a chance they are shit, how the fuck they are as high as they are is a mystery, they are truly piss poor but because its them you know there is no end to the favourable refereeing and inherent jamyness, still they also have the Thursday cup which will hopefully see them flying to some far flung eastern european holes....so really they arent going to win it....

So whilst we are far from clever at the moment, who else is realistically looking good enough to win this League.

But that was when we had this massive inferiority complex and thought that these things never happen to us.
We have now done it not once but twice and we have the distractions of CL latter stages and the spectre of Pep hanging over the club.
My own view is that MP wants to leave with a feel good factor following him and something that Pep has to work hard to surpass. The PL and bog all else won't do that.
We didn't look like we wanted that game enough. I thought after 5 minutes the first half has gone here. And it had. We might as well just have stayed in the dressing room until half time.

I am sure MP does want to do well, but he seems to have decided that Silva and De Bruyne can't play together whilst Toure is treading water. I think he's losing the plot and the players don;t look like they are up for this. Doesn't help when Kompany is not playing.

Start of the season we were well up for these games. Now into the business part of the season and the effort and belief has evaporated. Do the players not think its possible with Kompany out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.