I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think our players enjoy the chase at the end of the season. Really think it helps us.

It's right now that the biggest danger lies imo.

If we get through this period without losing too much ground, Arsenal will be fucked. Our players will go for the throat & theirs will shit their pants & their fans will shit their pants & Wenger will shit his pants & they'll all start moaning at each other (& us).

They have several shandy drinker derby type things plus rags & Everton away & Barca, which means Wilshire another 6 months out when he comes back & loads of other injuries. Then they'll lose to someone like West Brom at home.

If we allow them leeway, they might just do it. If we apply pressure, they won't even come close.

our players have the title winning experience which might prove to be the telling difference in the end and silva and aguero are starting to look sharp again, aresenal players who are injured will need time to get back into their stride

If we put the required effort in, we'll win the league. We have the best squad by a comfortable margin, and hopefully we can keep key personnel fit.
I think it depends on injuries.

If Kompany returns we should do it, but without him the team lacks a leader. Delph maybe but perhaps too soon for him. The Everton game showed the importance of mentality. We did not look like a team that had the bit between their teeth that night.

Without Kompany I think we'll carry on dropping points, but so will Arsenal

This weekend we play our 1st/2nd toughest away fixture whilst Arsenal play their 1st/2nd toughest home fixture.

We really need to have not dropped points on them come Sunday night. We must turn up at West Ham for the first time in a couple of years. And Pellegrini must setup the team to maximise the likelihood of us getting the win, not just turn up and hope for the best as he usually does

My main concern is that despite us having Kompany to come back from injury. Arsenal ultimately have 4-5 players to come back who could really make the difference around february/March especially if they get knocked out of europe. E.g Sanchez. Rosicky, Welbeck, Wilshere, Coquelien, Cazorla
If Nasri and Kompany can get fit they'll have the Tevez effect of 2011 in my opinion

This weekend we play our 1st/2nd toughest away fixture whilst Arsenal play their 1st/2nd toughest home fixture.

We really need to have not dropped points on them come Sunday night. We must turn up at West Ham for the first time in a couple of years. And Pellegrini must setup the team to maximise the likelihood of us getting the win, not just turn up and hope for the best as he usually does
I think you might be overstating Chelsea's strength.

Sit back, strap yourself in and enjoy the ride. It's going to be the roller coaster of a lifetime.
Those with dodgy tickers, might want to gets some extra meds in ;-)

our players have the title winning experience which might prove to be the telling difference in the end and silva and aguero are starting to look sharp again, aresenal players who are injured will need time to get back into their stride
We say this but Cech, Mertesacker, Monreal, Cazorla, Sanchez and Ozil have won some of the biggest tournaments going.

Big weekend ahead as West Ham have been able to get results against us in the past couple of seasons and we often struggle at the Boleyn. Arsenal have had a lot of injuries and coped well considering. Ozil has stepped up, Giroud has got goals and they've defended well. Without Sanchez and Coquelin many thought they'd lose their balance but they've coped very well. City still do not have a balanced side. Yaya can perform but not when we play so many games. How Pellegrini manages him will determine whether we win the league I think. We're full of creativity and goals, especially now Aguero and Silva are back but we can look unbalanced and our attackers can be starved of the quick ball they need, when Yaya isn't in the side. The Palace game was the perfect example of how we can still win without Yaya but look so much better with him on the pitch... it's a tough one.

If Kompany can come back it will be a huge boost and mentally our players know they can do it and Arsenal are bottlers and their fans will be an added weight on their shoulders. We know if we're 1-0 down in a must win game we can pull it back, when the pressure is on, the Arsenal fans will be doom and gloom if that happens and that might be the difference. Either way, with the squad and experience we have we should be winning the league and we shouldn't be dropping many points in the second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.