I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very confident we'll win the league. At the start of the season we were second favorites to win behind Chelsea. United were also in contention before a ball was kicked. Now, we're reaching the business end of the season with only Arsenal as realistic challengers to the title - Leicester and Spurs COULD win it, but history tells us they won't.

I would have snapped your hand of to be in this position at the start of the season. We've gone the majority of the season without Aguero and Kompany etc so to be where we are is great.

Arsenal aren't even having a good season, they were bang average in the champions league (which they'll be going out of when they play Barca). They got outclassed by Shef Weds in the league cup. They've still dropped points in 9 league games (and still have to go to the Etihad/Old Trafford, got to play Chelsea Spurs etc). The only reason everyone else is raving about them is because we've been worse (in the league). I think they are performing at their max, they seem to be playing well, but they're still dropping points. We're playing dreadfully and we're a point behind them with much better goal difference.
Cmon

Arsenal are playing nowhere near their max..their have been missing their best player for what month and a Half? The have had a lot of injuries again so they are not healthy at all either

How we are just one point behind is remarkable, considering our injuries and indifferent form. Like when the dippers blew up, history tells us that you need bottle on the run in and these players have done it twice. For all the fancy football and London wanking press going on about how fucking brilliant they are, they are one fucking point in front of us and we haven't got out of second gear. If we can somehow sort this defence out or even bring back up in on loan,then we'll win it again. I just have nightmares every time Demichelis is anywhere near that side. Also wouldn't be at all surprised if Spurs ran us closer than Le'Arse.

A lot depends on Kompany getting back.
Despite 3 consecutive clean sheets the defence is very fragile and unpredictable at times. Mangala is terrible and should never ever have been signed by the club and the Denayer loan decision (again with no recall) was foolish.

We will always score goals aplenty but we are always fretting over the vulnerability of our defence.

Mangala will come good, I've seen loads of centre backs over the years at differing clubs struggle to get a grip of the premiership then go on to win it, mangala needs to loan out to another premier club to get up to speed, less pressure at another, then fetch him back, he will come good I'm sure if it.

At some point either City or Arsenal will win 5 or 6 back to back & it will put enough distance between the other challengers.

I firmly believe it will be us. Taking blind loyalty & bias out of the equation we have the best squad & balance in the country, ability wise, it's just a case of self belief with some of the squad.

I do agree with Stretch about Tottenham though, we need to keep an eye them.

LTuuTu2.png

So as of now. Arsenal have 9 home games and 7 away games. Whilst we have 7 home games and 9 away games.

I just dont see an 'easy' fixture list. We have struggled on the road, and those bottom placed teams scrapping for points will make for tough away games, then we have tough games at home to tough opposition. So we dont rally have any 3 point bankers aside from home games against WBA, Villa, and Stoke. Which means every other game is either away, or at home against tough opposition.

It worries me, because if Arsenal get wins at United or Tottenham, they will rack up wins in those home games against lowly opposition.

In in my mind, the 'easy' fixture list isnt as glamours as it appears. Especially when we have to play two extra away games, and have two less home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.