I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

After 5 games this season if I told you our title challenger would be Leicester you'd laugh me out of the country.

As well as they've done, given our resources, given the money we've spent, given the players we already have.. It's an absolute farce to be missing out on the title to Leicester. You can't deny that.

Don't get me wrong though.. I'd much rather Leicester won it than Arsenal/Spurs/united
The turn of phrase you used is exactly how supporters of clubs like united and Liverpool referred to us half a decade or so ago. Leicester are there on merit and fair play to them.

The turn of phrase you used is exactly how supporters of clubs like united and Liverpool referred to us half a decade or so ago. Leicester are there on merit and fair play to them.
You're missing the point. I'm not saying they don't deserve to have the points they do. I'm saying we should have a shed load more points than we do given our squad. we're underperforming that badly it's embarrassing.

Very well said. I'd add that he lack of credit to the opposition is an unpleasant characteristic of some posters. I think there is a huge improvement in quality across the league this year with managers like Ranieri, Bilic, Poccetino, Koeman, Martinez, Hughes all improving as managers and tacticians. The league doesn't lie. The winners will deserve it whether it be Arsenal, Spurs, us or, and if not us, hopefully, Leicester. Full credit as well as criticism should be given where due.
The league's been great this season, with, as you say, a leveling in the standard between the top and the middle of the Premier League. Results all over the place. The unpredictability has extended to a number of our games, but that's a part of the overall narrative of the season. Who wants a procession? Have people forgotten how stale the Premier League had become when the title winners would lose three to four games in a season?

We never wanted to spend hundreds of millions to ensure we were better, or the best - we spent it in order to catch up with the top clubs and to be able to compete on a consistent basis.
If some other club does it with very little spend, good luck to them.
We're not playing too well of late, but that's what football is about.

Need to win the next three:
Sunderland (A), Leicester (H), Spurs (H).
Win them and we have more than a chance.
Lose one and we will fall behind, lose 2 and we could be in for a 4th place finish.

We don't win 2 in a row, let alone 3.

For the last 18 PL games we have not played to our full potential. If we can play to that potential in the next 15 games we will win the league. If we don't we won't.

Right now not seeing much evidence that the management have any idea how to make this team play to its full potential. In fact not getting this team to play to its full potential has been the story for the last season and a half.

Sums it up perfectly , he's a very ordinary manager with the keys to the best toy shop in town.

Fixtures/Predictions:

AFC:
Leicester (H) W
City D
Spurs L
Palace (H) W
Utd D
WHU D
Watford (H) W
Everton D
Soton (H) W
WBA (H) W
CFC (H) D
Norwich (H) W
Bournemouth W
Swansea W
Sunderland W
Villa (H) W

35 pts

City:
Arsenal (H) D
Leicester (H) W
Spurs (H) D
Utd (H) W
LFC L
Stoke (H) W
Soton D
WBA (H) W
CFC D
Norwich W
Bournemouth D
Swansea W
Newcastle W
Sunderland W
Villa (H) W

31 pts

Table:
AFC 79pts
City 75pts

Spent:
AFC 15m
City 150m

Manuel-Pellegrini_2577384b.jpg

Fixtures/Predictions:

AFC:
Leicester (H) W
City D
Spurs L
Palace (H) W
Utd D
WHU D
Watford (H) W
Everton D
Soton (H) W
WBA (H) W
CFC (H) D
Norwich (H) W
Bournemouth W
Swansea W
Sunderland W
Villa (H) W

35 pts

City:
Arsenal (H) D
Leicester (H) W
Spurs (H) D
Utd (H) W
LFC L
Stoke (H) W
Soton D
WBA (H) W
CFC D
Norwich W
Bournemouth D
Swansea W
Newcastle W
Sunderland W
Villa (H) W

31 pts

Table:
AFC 79pts
City 75pts

Spent:
AFC 15m
City 150m

Manuel-Pellegrini_2577384b.jpg

Would check your maths and if we beat arsenal at home - with your other predictions that makes us champions! I despair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.