I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meant to post this in here, ended up in anther thread:
There will never be an easier title to win. NEVER! Anyone who is really taking this seriously and really wants it can win this (and I include Leicester in this).

Anyone with proper defensive systems, proper formations that suit the players they have, formations/tactics that can help nullify the oppositions' strengths, the correct motivation to win games home and away and the hunger to go and win the easiest league title ever will go and win this title...can you tick off each one of those things about City? NOPE!

The only way we'll win this title is because we've been fortunate enough that the other teams haven't ticked off each of those things neither and that we simply have the best team and manage to get ourselves enough points to win it.

At the moment we look a million miles away from being a champion side. We are boring to watch and all over the place defensively. but because of the state of this league (there are no top sides in this league anymore) we might just win it by default just by having the best players, not by actually playing with any sprite, vigour or purpose (we haven't won two games in a row since October and we're still in with a shout for title - that shows you how pathetic the top of our league is!).

We might well do it though, we might well do it!

Meant to post this in here, ended up in anther thread:
There will never be an easier title to win. NEVER! Anyone who is really taking this seriously and really wants it can win this (and I include Leicester in this).

Anyone with proper defensive systems, proper formations that suit the players they have, formations/tactics that can help nullify the oppositions' strengths, the correct motivation to win games home and away and the hunger to go and win the easiest league title ever will go and win this title...can you tick off each one of those things about City? NOPE!

The only way we'll win this title is because we've been fortunate enough that the other teams haven't ticked off each of those things neither and that we simply have the best team and manage to get ourselves enough points to win it.

At the moment we look a million miles away from being a champion side. We are boring to watch and all over the place defensively. but because of the state of this league (there are no top sides in this league anymore) we might just win it by default just by having the best players, not by actually playing with any sprite, vigour or purpose (we haven't won two games in a row since October and we're still in with a shout for title - that shows you how pathetic the top of our league is!).

We might well do it though, we might well do it!
Spot on.

Need to win the next three:
Sunderland (A), Leicester (H), Spurs (H).
Win them and we have more than a chance.
Lose one and we will fall behind, lose 2 and we could be in for a 4th place finish.

When he scored just didn't seem to be that bothered. Worrying that Silva and Aguero seem a bit down in the dumps

I know his second goal he wanted to get the ball back to go for the win then a west ham player ran off with it and he said something to the ref about it? Not sure if that's what you mean?

To be honest I've already bought this issue to light a few months back and put it down to the players not being motivated which is the managers job to do. I even said I've not been motivated watching city the past 2 and a half years, I'll admit when Pellegrini first game his first 6 months was brilliant and we were playing great football but as he's gone on his style of play has gotten worse and boring.

Need to win the next three:
Sunderland (A), Leicester (H), Spurs (H).
Win them and we have more than a chance.
Lose one and we will fall behind, lose 2 and we could be in for a 4th place finish.

The problem with that is so far we have not had back to back victories since October, so three on the bounce not looking good.

I know his second goal he wanted to get the ball back to go for the win then a west ham player ran off with it and he said something to the ref about it? Not sure if that's what you mean?

To be honest I've already bought this issue to light a few months back and put it down to the players not being motivated which is the managers job to do. I even said I've not been motivated watching city the past 2 and a half years, I'll admit when Pellegrini first game his first 6 months was brilliant and we were playing great football but as he's gone on his style of play has gotten worse and boring.
He got a dig when he went to get he ball he told the ref but got blanked

Not going to win it with the weak link in the back-line.

We need to spend the next week to get in a new Central Defender. We will need one in the summer when DeMike leaves anyway so why wait now?

Kompany will only play a handful of games if he cant sort out his injuries. DeMike is too sloe and too old now, Mangala ... paid £40m too much for him. Otamendi is the only one worth playing but needs a quality partner that knows the English game and can play regularly.

No more of this buying from overseas and hoping for the best, we need a British of established PL Centre-Back to sure things up.

Stones is the obvious choice, the lad wouldnt need to relocate, gets Champions League football and might get a bit more money. And give Mangala to Everton as a sweeter either on a 18 month loan or as a makeweight.

Our previous two Premier Leage title wins were such high-octane affairs that it's conditioned some of our supporters to assume that all titles are won in this way; they are not. They are frequently ground out and won by teams who only hit a real vein of form in the home straight - many of united's Premier League titles were won in this fashion.

People talk about this being the easiest year to win a title, but if points are routinely being spread about more evenly this season, how can that be so? That assertion simply doesn't bear any logical scrutiny. Why should we be immune from the unpredictability that has visited the league this season?

I'm not saying we'll definitely win the league, but some of the capitulation on here is a little pathetic, although not at all surprising. Of course we can win it. To suggest otherwise is utterly preposterous.

I wonder when the takeover happened how many of our supporters thought that finishing 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 1st & 2nd in consecutive seasons, following which being 2nd and still in four competitions in late January the subsequent campaign, would make them so routinely unhappy. If you're looking for perfection, or anything resembling it, life will perpetually find you feeling disappointed. It really is a shame that people seem unable to appreciate just how fortunate we are compared to other football supporters. Wishing this season away is utterly baffling to me. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. It's a pleasure to be involved at the heart of the action; something I only dreamed of a decade ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.