I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't. Players don't have mentality to play for the manager. Somehow they have the impression it'll sort itself out. It won't. But do enjoy the perfect environment our owner gives you and your so important monthly salary.

Need to win the next three:
Sunderland (A), Leicester (H), Spurs (H).
Win them and we have more than a chance.
Lose one and we will fall behind, lose 2 and we could be in for a 4th place finish.

We keep saying "the next 3 are must win" - and keep failing to. Yet we are still in touch with the leaders. Let's face it, every team is inconsistent and flawed. We can win the title with 79-80pts this year, which means basically avoiding defeats and winning a couple more than we draw. In that context, today was a good result.

My guess is you were one of the chorus saying the same after we lost to the Scum last year.
Yep I was.

Thankfully we didn't.

However when we can't string together 2 wins and we have continuous injuries and we have a manager who has finally made his impact on the squad by making them shite.. I'd say my fears on missing out on top 4 a fully justified.

It's awful. We could genuinely see us missing out on the title to Leicester.

Fucking Leicester.

Yep I was.

Thankfully we didn't.

However when we can't string together 2 wins and we have continuous injuries and we have a manager who has finally made his impact on the squad by making them shite.. I'd say my fears on missing out on top 4 a fully justified.

It's awful. We could genuinely see us missing out on the title to Leicester.

Fucking Leicester.
That last line made my skin crawl. Sort of thing a rag would say.

For the last 18 PL games we have not played to our full potential. If we can play to that potential in the next 15 games we will win the league. If we don't we won't.

Right now not seeing much evidence that the management have any idea how to make this team play to its full potential. In fact not getting this team to play to its full potential has been the story for the last season and a half.

That last line made my skin crawl. Sort of thing a rag would say.
Why?

After 5 games this season if I told you our title challenger would be Leicester you'd laugh me out of the country.

As well as they've done, given our resources, given the money we've spent, given the players we already have.. It's an absolute farce to be missing out on the title to Leicester. You can't deny that.

Don't get me wrong though.. I'd much rather Leicester won it than Arsenal/Spurs/united

Our previous two Premier Leage title wins were such high-octane affairs that it's conditioned some of our supporters to assume that all titles are won in this way; they are not. They are frequently ground out and won by teams who only hit a real vein of form in the home straight - many of united's Premier League titles were won in this fashion.

People talk about this being the easiest year to win a title, but if points are routinely being spread about more evenly this season, how can that be so? That assertion simply doesn't bear any logical scrutiny. Why should we be immune from the unpredictability that has visited the league this season?

I'm not saying we'll definitely win the league, but some of the capitulation on here is a little pathetic, although not at all surprising. Of course we can win it. To suggest otherwise is utterly preposterous.

I wonder when the takeover happened how many of our supporters thought that finishing 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 1st & 2nd in consecutive seasons, following which being 2nd and still in four competitions in late January the subsequent campaign, would make them so routinely unhappy. If you're looking for perfection, or anything resembling it, life will perpetually find you feeling disappointed. It really is a shame that people seem unable to appreciate just how fortunate we are compared to other football supporters. Wishing this season away is utterly baffling to me. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. It's a pleasure to be involved at the heart of the action; something I only dreamed of a decade ago.

Very well said. I'd add that he lack of credit to the opposition is an unpleasant characteristic of some posters. I think there is a huge improvement in quality across the league this year with managers like Ranieri, Bilic, Poccetino, Koeman, Martinez, Hughes all improving as managers and tacticians. The league doesn't lie. The winners will deserve it whether it be Arsenal, Spurs, us or, and if not us, hopefully, Leicester. Full credit as well as criticism should be given where due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.