I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see it happening myself. Then again I said that in 2012 and 2014 too.
I'm with you in negativity town. However, I am also a believer in small steps and so let's see what the next three games brings for our rivals, and us and not worry about the rest of the season just yet.

Nope,we have zero confidence and can't dig out results and where have all the goals gone?
Maybe if mp sorts out the defence,just let them defend deeper would make a difference but he won't so back to nope

If we go and buy a goalscorer to replace the one we lost we might actually do it. The difference between now and 2012 and 2014 is we had more than one goalscroer at the club. I don't count Wilfried as personally he's had his chance and isn't up to it. If we want to win the league we need another centre forward so let's go out and get Benzema. it's not rocket science. If Pellegrini wants to continue to play open flowing football he has to find someone other than Aguero to stick the ball in the onion bag.

Long way to go. Out of the away games that City and Arsenal have left, Arsenals are harder. Sat 7th May City v Arsenal could be the decider. Another positive the odds at the bookies will give us a better return

Long way to go. Out of the away games that City and Arsenal have left, Arsenals are harder. Sat 7th May City v Arsenal could be the decider. Another positive the odds at the bookies will give us a better return
We've got to start playing again before we can think about winning titles.

If we go and buy a goalscorer to replace the one we lost we might actually do it. The difference between now and 2012 and 2014 is we had more than one goalscroer at the club. I don't count Wilfried as personally he's had his chance and isn't up to it. If we want to win the league we need another centre forward so let's go out and get Benzema. it's not rocket science. If Pellegrini wants to continue to play open flowing football he has to find someone other than Aguero to stick the ball in the onion bag.

We could have Pele playing for us in his prime and at the moment it would make zero difference because we concede too many goals and until that stops, nothing will change.

When was the last time we played open flowing football anyway? Its the odd game nowadays.

We most certainly can still win the league. Leicester have been unbelievable but it wont last. If it does it will be beyond belief so you have to look at it sensibly and expect them to fall a fair way short and end up fifth or so.

Arsenal will be tough, they're the best side in the league this calendar year but it only takes a loss of form to one or two and the usual questions will crop up. We are within four points of them and still have to play them at home. In a crunch game like that we have the know how.

What will really decide this is if we learn how to defend again. It seems as though our team sacrifices defence in the pursuit of an attacking style. For me we need to settle the defence. Try delph and dinho in a central two and then play Silva either in no.10 or wide left. He might not be the best left mid option but his stats when he has played there have been incredible. We have a lot of players in attacking positions and Pellegrini hasn't worked out where to fit them.

If he works that out we can go far. We shall see. I think we have so many tough games and have had so many injuries that it will be difficult to win the league with the number of games to play still. We need zabba and kompany back and need Aguero fit too and Silva. For me, Yaya has to be sacrificed. Let Delph and Dinho support the defence and do the leg work and Silva and KDB pull the strings. Then have Sterling and Navas for pace and Aguero for goals. Easy on paper!

Keep the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.