I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even previous seasons where we won the League there were some shit performances and results so that in itself is not uncommon. However I can't really remember us being as pathetic as we were against Spurs, Liverpool or Stoke. Our current position is more to do with the fact others in the title race have also returned some poor results although i'm not sure their performances were as spineless as some of ours have been. Injuries have played their part but everybody else has suffered equally as badly apart from Leicester. Lets see what happens when Vardy and Mahrez are out shall we?
More performances of the nature of those above and we most certainly won't win the League.

Then have Sterling and Navas for pace and Aguero for goals. Easy on paper!

Keep the faith.

Is that half the problem? Some of the players believe their own hype and expect a win with minimal work? When will it sink in that complacency looses matches. I thought the final against Wigan would have proved that one.

Hand on heart, I don't think we can get a good run of results. I think arsenal have the grit between there teeth now. Not just because they won last night I think they sense that this is the best chance they will have for a long time and want it more. Obviously I want to win it and I would be gutted if we don't.

Even previous seasons where we won the League there were some shit performances and results so that in itself is not uncommon. However I can't really remember us being as pathetic as we were against Spurs, Liverpool or Stoke. Our current position is more to do with the fact others in the title race have also returned some poor results although i'm not sure their performances were as spineless as some of ours have been. Injuries have played their part but everybody else has suffered equally as badly apart from Leicester. Lets see what happens when Vardy and Mahrez are out shall we?
More performances of the nature of those above and we most certainly won't win the League.

Can you see this current run changing any time soon unless VK makes a miraculous recovery? We are so easy to set up against especially when we play away. Leicester and Watford are both on fire at the moment. We couldn't be playing them at a worse time.

Is that half the problem? Some of the players believe their own hype and expect a win with minimal work? When will it sink in that complacency looses matches. I thought the final against Wigan would have proved that one.

and the FA Cup games against Wigan and Boroa to name but two. complacency personified.

We're clinging onto Kompany as a faint hope, but deep down we all know he will miss at least half of the remaining matches. We are one of the worst teams in the league. Best squad, yes. But we're a shocking TEAM. There is almost no team at all. Just blind hope that an individual can produce a moment of magic, like Yaya last night. It is only individual talent that puts us so high in the league. We are less than the sum of our parts, and by a long way.

Of course we can if we can find the form we started the season with. Oh and Kompany, Zabs, Merlin and Sergio fit and firing on all cylinders at the same time would help too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.