I still think we will win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are one of the worst teams in the league.

Sorry fella thats utter shit
A good team is created by the manager so that they are better than the sum of its parts. We are not. If we imagine a scenario where our 11 players all play for 11 different clubs, but came together to play a charity match, they would play no worse than what they are playing for us, despite daily coaching. Therefore we are a poor TEAM. Emphasis on the word TEAM. We have amazing players. But we are a shocking TEAM. We don't play as a team at all. Do I mean shite like Villa will finish above us? No. But in terms of having the structure and organisation of a TEAM, we are equally as bad. The difference is our individual talent puts us way above them. But that has absolutely nothing to do with being a team.

If we look at the table this morning Leicester would end the season with 84 points and Arsenal with 80 if both teams were to maintain form until May. Not since 2010-11 would 84 points win the PL and only on two occasions since would 80 points secure the runners up spot. Indeed Arsenal are only doing a bit better than they have done (on average) in the last four seasons. It is City (and other teams) which are doing considerably worse than in past seasons: if City continue at the present rate we will finish the season with 71 points - the same as in May 2011 when we were third! This is much lower than in any season since then. The trouble is the famous "trajectory of results": we started the season with five straight wins but since then have taken only 17 points from 12 matches, which equates to only 54 points in a season. This would have put us 7th in 2010-11 and only 9th last season. It doesn't take a genius to point out that you don't need to do the maths to know that City are playing nowhere near the level required to win the title in any season.

Reasons for some hope are that injuries, suspensions and the conditions of January and February may take their toll on Leicester, whose squad is not the largest and may suffer from battle fatigue. Arsenal are not in scintillating form, or showing us anything they haven't done before. No other team has a squad that matches ours for depth or ability - when we play well. We have suffered our injury crisis and we can hope for fewer problems in that domain. Again this confirms what we already know - if City can select hteir best players regularly and if these players are in anything like their best form their is no gap between us and any other club which cannot be closed and better. But we have to hit form soon and a good festive period would be a major first step. It's still on the cards and I refuse to give up. We are Manchester City and we do fight to the end.

• NO CHANCE that City will win the league with the poor performances against top 10 sides. Here is a Stat.
  • Man City have lost five games this season. The last team to lose five or more games before Christmas and still win the title were Everton in 1986-87.

stats like that dont mean anything the league is completely different this year.

nice to see someone being positive. tbh I read the daily mail before, and they are talking the same shite some of fans on here are, dire city, lost city. Jeeez I wish the City fans would leave that shite to the tabloids instead of believing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.