I want Tevez to leave, do you agree with me?

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Damocles said:
Yes.

He is 28 now which means he has a maximum of 4 years left at the top level and more probably 3. He is the highest earner at a club desperately trying to meet FFP and his contract is up in a couple of years with no prospect of getting a new one. Even without his exploits, we would be mad not to consider a bid in the high twenties as his game is based around agility and workrate, somthinge that he wont carry as much in his thirties.

Do Tevez's wages count towards FFP?
Not a penny, as Damo knows.

Sell him and replace with RVP/Cavani/Falcoa.

I thank him for his effort in the run in but the guy is not a City player in my eyes. Just a contractor. Sooner he's sold the better along with Adebayor and Roque. Too much wages being drawn and the fees bought in will help us buy a player without affecting our budget. FFP will see us trying to straighten things out, maybe an interview by a City rep with the club stating we are being shrewder, may help with media too.

Looking forward to next year. With 4 strikers all playing instead of one going walkies, we are bound to be stronger, score through poor patches we have during the course of season.<br /><br />-- Sat May 26, 2012 7:51 pm --<br /><br />
greasedupdeafguy said:
I wouldn't like to go into next season with just aguero, dzeko, guidetii and ballotelli

Is that tongue on cheek, I hope it is. We are spoilt imho.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Your telling me that we have ten players that would command an higher fee then Tevez?

Name and value them?

I didn't say they'd command a higher fee, I said they were better players. A good striker will always command a bigger fee than a top quality full back for example.

Hart
Richards
Clichy
Kompany
Lescott
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Aguero
Balotelli

Are all better players than tevez in their respective positions for my money. I'd possibly even argue that De Jong does his job better than Tevez and I'm by no means a De Jong fan.

Again, Tevez in nowhere near one of the best players in the world. Which is why he doesn't even get in the Argentina squad anymore.

conormcfc said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Tevez is one of the worlds greatest players

No he isn't.

He probably isn't even in the top 10 at City.

OMG can this thread get any more dafter. Its clearly bringing them out of the woodwork. Perhaps its too much sun!

OP just forget it and move on sick of people going over what he did because we all no. Yeah he's a twat but on the park i love the guy! I think he did help boost the team when we needed results but can't take any credit for the premier. His agent has shut up, he is not kicking off or causing Shit in the team and training well and playing well so fair play. Its done its over and if he ever started again he noes mancini won't take it. Will any club pay 40 million for Carlos?? No chance. He will stay

NipHolmes said:
Sell him and replace with RVP/Cavani/Falcoa.

I thank him for his effort in the run in but the guy is not a City player in my eyes. Just a contractor. Sooner he's sold the better along with Adebayor and Roque. Too much wages being drawn and the fees bought in will help us buy a player without affecting our budget. FFP will see us trying to straighten things out, maybe an interview by a City rep with the club stating we are being shrewder, may help with media too.

Looking forward to next year. With 4 strikers all playing instead of one going walkies, we are bound to be stronger, score through poor patches we have during the course of season.

-- Sat May 26, 2012 7:51 pm --

greasedupdeafguy said:
I wouldn't like to go into next season with just aguero, dzeko, guidetii and ballotelli

Is that tongue on cheek, I hope it is. We are spoilt imho.
No im serious dzeko and ballotelli are so inconsistent its untrue and guidetii is not proven at this level. If we didn't have tevez and aguero gets injured we would be fucked. If we sell tevez then bring in van persie otherwise I really hope he stays as for me he gives us that something extra.

-- Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 pm --

conormcfc said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Your telling me that we have ten players that would command an higher fee then Tevez?

Name and value them?

I didn't say they'd command a higher fee, I said they were better players. A good striker will always command a bigger fee than a top quality full back for example.

Hart
Richards
Clichy
Kompany
Lescott
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Aguero
Balotelli

Are all better players than tevez in their respective positions for my money. I'd possibly even argue that De Jong does his job better than Tevez and I'm by no means a De Jong fan.

Again, Tevez in nowhere near one of the best players in the world. Which is why he doesn't even get in the Argentina squad anymore.
Were you on holiday and missed the 2 seasons before this one where tevez scored over 50 goals or are you just daft

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.