I want Tevez to leave, do you agree with me?

Weirdly, Munich made The Rags & even more weirdly our meltdown in Munich may just be the making of Manchester City.

The world saw what happened with Tevez, but we still rose out of the ashes of that fateful night like a pheonix reborn to claim our first title in 44 years.

The world has world has now witnessed the theatre & drama that is Manchester City & I believe we are a stronger club for this experience. Tevez was brought to heel & whichever way you look at it, he has played a crucial role for good, bad & indifferent reasons throughout this period of our history.

If Tevez & the club have made peace, I also make my peace with him. I will never forgive or forget but I will learn to accept that this episode is now in the past & that we should now just concentrate on creating a great future.

Dennis Tuearts MGBGT said:
Mancini played him for about 7 seconds at Arsenal.
Then he played him in every game and we won every one and the title.
Revisionism at its finest. He wasn't on the pitch when we scored against Newcastle. In fact, it was subbing him off and pushing Yaya forward which got us those goals. Against QPR we were losing 2-1 against ten men until he went off. The substitutions, the maligned Dzeko (the striker who finished with the most goals and assists per minute in our side, ahead of Aguero even) and Balotelli (subbed on for Tevez) who scored and assisted the league winning goals.

Tevez's sum total contribution this season, in ten appearances, has been four goals against two mid table sides, and granted, an assist against Chelsea. Might we have not won the league without them? I think we'd still have won against West Brom at home and Norwich away without Tevez, yes. The win against Chelsea maybe not. Maybe not the draw against Sunderland either. Perhaps we wouldn't have won the league without him, though I'm far more certain we wouldn't had he played every minute of every game since Arsenal. However, in a campaign as tight as this one, as long as you didn't only score own goals and concede penalties, you contributed to the title win. Tevez's contributions rank somewhere near dead last this campaign and yet Tevez's sycophants will tell you he practically won the league because it was his return that inspired us. No, it was the return of all our best players who'd been sidelined. Kompany and Lescott being out made us more defensive, then Yaya was out (we saw the effects that had against QPR), as were Silva and Aguero. They all come back and then we start motoring again - just as we did in October, November and most of December when Tevez was not in the side. Where's the final proof that it wasn't a Tevez-inspired revival? In the final three games, the rags, Newcastle and QPR, he did nothing; no goals, no assists. At the point when he was subbed off we were on one point, not the six we needed. It was the team that won all year that took us over the line. It's those boys who fought till the death and fought throughout the campaign that did it. The lads that were thinking 3 points not Par-3.

I was extremely pleased that Tevez was incorporated into the team at the back end of last season and his inclusion was a huge factor in us winning the Premiership.

But would I keep him for next season? No. We need younger, better and more focussed. He is still a mighty fine player, but I feel that our links with other forwards point to the departure of Tevez above any other forward we have.

Tevez has, at best, two more seasons in him at the highest level, maybe even just the one. So, for me, it is as much an economic argument to take the £25m as a playing one.

To the tevez outers, you are all a disgrace to call yourselves City fans Carlos made the difference in the run in there's no doubt about it, he had a bust up with the manager and stormed out like a 5 year old was he wrong to do what he did YES was he 100% to blame NO RM must carry some of the blame for his handling of the situation surely ??, btw has RM ever apologised for what happened ??, you are all putting yourselves before the club wanting CT out because he doesn't like Manchester ....so what I wonder how many of you would still choose to live here if you had his amount of cash....not too many I suspect.

As said earlier it's dealt with, it's over move on and stop feeding the press even more chances to show City in a bad light.

themadinventor said:
To the tevez outers, you are all a disgrace to call yourselves City fans Carlos made the difference in the run in there's no doubt about it, he had a bust up with the manager and stormed out like a 5 year old was he wrong to do what he did YES was he 100% to blame NO RM must carry some of the blame for his handling of the situation surely ??, btw has RM ever apologised for what happened ??, you are all putting yourselves before the club wanting CT out because he doesn't like Manchester ....so what I wonder how many of you would still choose to live here if you had his amount of cash....not too many I suspect.

As said earlier it's dealt with, it's over move on and stop feeding the press even more chances to show City in a bad light.

I won't buy this bullshit as Skashion has answered this well in his post above.

For myself, I hope Tevez leaves. He may (or may not, at times) make a great contribution when he's up for it but if he stays we could just be waiting for his next kick off. The last time we lost a (PL) match at The Etihad was the December before last, against Everton - the other thing that happened that week was that the club and players had been dealing with Tevez handing in his transfer request. He's disruptive and I think we may be better off without him.

Having said all that, if RM think he's worth the risk of keeping then I'll, of course, go with that. I don't think Roberto is that forgiving though really and hence I think Tevez will be off.

conormcfc said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Your telling me that we have ten players that would command an higher fee then Tevez?

Name and value them?

I didn't say they'd command a higher fee, I said they were better players. A good striker will always command a bigger fee than a top quality full back for example.

Hart
Richards
Clichy
Kompany
Lescott
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Aguero
Balotelli

Are all better players than tevez in their respective positions for my money. I'd possibly even argue that De Jong does his job better than Tevez and I'm by no means a De Jong fan.

Again, Tevez in nowhere near one of the best players in the world. Which is why he doesn't even get in the Argentina squad anymore.

I knew you were talking bollocks to start with and then i read this and realised you know close to fuck all about football i mean possibly less than a cockney united fan who has spent 40 years smoking crack cocaine on mars

Bluemoon115 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Damocles said:
Yes.

He is 28 now which means he has a maximum of 4 years left at the top level and more probably 3. He is the highest earner at a club desperately trying to meet FFP and his contract is up in a couple of years with no prospect of getting a new one. Even without his exploits, we would be mad not to consider a bid in the high twenties as his game is based around agility and workrate, somthinge that he wont carry as much in his thirties.

Do Tevez's wages count towards FFP?
Not a penny, as Damo knows.

This isnt true.

There is a provision in the FFP ruling that states that during the first Monitoring Period, which is two rather than three years, if a club fails to meet the acceptable deviations then at their discretion the UEFA Committee can choose to ignore any contracts signed before 30 June 2010. This is only for the first monitoring period and is only at the discretion of the panel.

Presuming that Tevezs book value now resides at 10m, getting 25+ would be a 15m profit and a gain in amortisation of 10m this year and 5m next year. Added to this, the wage savings could be as high as 12m a year too.

We lost 197m last year, we can make ovet 40m of that up by selling a 28 year old striker who went awol during the season.

Skashion said:
Dennis Tuearts MGBGT said:
Mancini played him for about 7 seconds at Arsenal.
Then he played him in every game and we won every one and the title.
Revisionism at its finest. He wasn't on the pitch when we scored against Newcastle. In fact, it was subbing him off and pushing Yaya forward which got us those goals. Against QPR we were losing 2-1 against ten men until he went off. The substitutions, the maligned Dzeko (the striker who finished with the most goals and assists per minute in our side, ahead of Aguero even) and Balotelli (subbed on for Tevez) who scored and assisted the league winning goals.

Tevez's sum total contribution this season, in ten appearances, has been four goals against two mid table sides, and granted, an assist against Chelsea. Might we have not won the league without them? I think we'd still have won against West Brom at home and Norwich away without Tevez, yes. The win against Chelsea maybe not. Maybe not the draw against Sunderland either. Perhaps we wouldn't have won the league without him, though I'm far more certain we wouldn't had he played every minute of every game since Arsenal. However, in a campaign as tight as this one, as long as you didn't only score own goals and concede penalties, you contributed to the title win. Tevez's contributions rank somewhere near dead last this campaign and yet Tevez's sycophants will tell you he practically won the league because it was his return that inspired us. No, it was the return of all our best players who'd been sidelined. Kompany and Lescott being out made us more defensive, then Yaya was out (we saw the effects that had against QPR), as were Silva and Aguero. They all come back and then we start motoring again - just as we did in October, November and most of December when Tevez was not in the side. Where's the final proof that it wasn't a Tevez-inspired revival? In the final three games, the rags, Newcastle and QPR, he did nothing; no goals, no assists. At the point when he was subbed off we were on one point, not the six we needed. It was the team that won all year that took us over the line. It's those boys who fought till the death and fought throughout the campaign that did it. The lads that were thinking 3 points not Par-3.

bang on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.