I was annoyed when Dzeko equalised.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
Like an earlier poster said, my mind flashed back to Super Kev.

I actually thought at the time also - what if the Mackems have got one back? Wasn't sure if that had ended and hadn't heard the score on it for a few minutes.

The people behind me told me that Sunderland were drawing 2-2!!!! Where the fook they got that from I don't know but with our equalizer I thought we had done it. When Kun scored I thought it didn't matter. Kinda spoilt the moment a bit.

GX Blue said:
Pam said:
The day we won the Premier League (the first time), what was your gut reaction to Dzeko's equalizer? I felt quite pissed off about it. Just fuck off, I thought. Stupid dickheads, I thought.

Lovely words. That is exactly how i felt at the time too.

I'm glad you started this thread, because this is exactly how I felt at the time, and I thought I was the only one!

When we went 2-1 down, it felt like I was the only one in the stadium who thought we could still do it. The entire block around me were silent in shock. I was stood up screaming at the team, urging them on, I knew we could turn it around.

And then when Dzeko scored, weirdly enough I felt exactly like Pam and GX. I thought, what's the point, you've left it too late, you dickheads. If you'd done this 10 minutes ago we could have won it. Everyone around me in the stand got a surge of belief when Dzeko scored and was then urging the team on.

It was a strange situation because obviously looking at it logically and objectively now, we had far more chance of winning after Dzeko had scored. But while we were 2-1 down and it seemed like a lost cause, I actually had more belief. I thought it was my duty as a fan to keep supporting the team and urging them on. Probably borne out of the experience of blindly supporting us during the really bad years.

When Aguero scored, I genuinely didn't believe it was happening. It felt like being in the middle of an earthquake, or war zone or something, it was so incredible that I was questioning whether it was actually really happening.

I felt like the only City fan in Doncaster that day. I was in a pub in town and it was full of United. My friends are all United fans, you know the type who've never been, and they had all bought cigars in light of their impending victory.

After their game had finished they went outside to light up and I stayed in to watch the end. There was a slight turn of events that occured over the next few minutes and as you can imagine I was bouncing. I walked outside and obviously my friends had heard the commotion, I didn't speak any words to them at all I just took the nearest rags cigar from his mouth had a drag and walked back into the madness of the pub.

Best day ever.

Its been good fun reading all your reaction .. All really having the same piss off feeling to say the least..
Didn't move a inch when EDIN scored ..
Nearly took a guys head off, when EDIN scored and I was thinking .. Yes, now we score you soft twats.. a guy who had moaned his way through the season started again
As we were tuning back for the kick off, he said ..
Well at least the home records saved...
Our world was falling a part and this fuckwit is worried about some fucking home record the counts for absolutely nothing..!!
Thank god Sergio saved city & me
I do believe if he hadn't scored, I'd be serving time for my actions that day...

Ed68 said:
My mind went back to Horlocks equaliser. I had hope for a few seconds then realised it could never happen again so went into a deep depression.
Something similar.
I remember being very pissed off when Horlock equalised, though. It felt like fate was twisting the knife.
With Dzeko, I didn't dare dream it would ever happen again. I just wryly cursed our poor luck in my own mind.

i was watching it on the DVR and was about 15 minutes behind live when it happened. Started watching and then in the 2nd half we had somebody come to the door that took me a bit to get rid of. So I'm watching and getting angrier and angrier. I really was close to just shutting it down and go for a run to blow off some steam. My wife says "hey, you just never know. Don't give up on the guys yet." So I continued to watch and boom the first goal went in. I told her, "wow, we have a chance here." Then Kun scored and I went ape shit. Scared the dog and cats out of the room and my wife thought I was going to have an aneurism.

The next day she said that she accidentally saw the final score before the Dzeko's goal which is why she wouldn't let me stop watching. Love that woman.

Pam said:
The day we won the Premier League (the first time), what was your gut reaction to Dzeko's equalizer? I felt quite pissed off about it. Just fuck off, I thought. Stupid dickheads, I thought.

Get over it, it was 2 seasons ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.