I was annoyed when Dzeko equalised.

still to this day i have never seen a team restart a game like qpr did that day.a convensional restart we wouldnt of been champs .why they launched it straight to hart ive no idea but thank you

Even out here in Calgary Alberta Canada it was something everyone was talking about if you were a sports fan. It was probably the most incredible way to a win title. Boy howdy the Man U fans must have been just pissed right off lol

SteWadda said:
Pam said:
The day we won the Premier League (the first time), what was your gut reaction to Dzeko's equalizer? I felt quite pissed off about it. Just fuck off, I thought. Stupid dickheads, I thought.

Get over it, it was 2 seasons ago

get over it bollocks. I will talk about that day until the cows come home.

I had not given up hope even before he scored, because although we needed two goals to go in, in not many minutes, a goal at Sunderland was just as good for us as scoring ourselves. I knew I was clinging on to hope by my fingernails but I had not let go. When Dzeko scored we only had a couple of minutes left, but there were still a couple of minutes left at Sunderland also. I got excited when he scored, because there were still two chances for us to win the league: one by Sunderland equalising, the other a goal from Aguerooooooooo.....

I just threw my arms up in the air and said "what's the fucking point?", I thought we'd already fucked it. I was just staring into the away fans as the corner came in and caught the goal in the corner of my eye. I was pissed off when it went in as well.

I was so angry. Couldn't believe it and I thought that Dzekos goal was just rubbing salt into a wound that I thought would never close in the fact that we'd messed up winning the league! United would win,could I ever recover! And then Aggggueeeerrrrrrooooooooooooooo

I thought it was a bit of a consolation,as it meant,at least we was unbeaten at home all season...........I think,i was then in the kitchen topping up my whisky when kun scored !!

hobbsisablue said:
Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
Like an earlier poster said, my mind flashed back to Super Kev.

I actually thought at the time also - what if the Mackems have got one back? Wasn't sure if that had ended and hadn't heard the score on it for a few minutes.

The people behind me told me that Sunderland were drawing 2-2!!!! Where the fook they got that from I don't know but with our equalizer I thought we had done it. When Kun scored I thought it didn't matter. Kinda spoilt the moment a bit.

lol

Surprisingly, when Dzeko equalised against QPR, I was actually pretty confident. Up until that point I thought we were never going to get back into it but, having equalised, I just knew we'd get another chance, and it was just a matter of taking it.

Now, when Kevin Horlock scored to bring us back to 2-1 down against Gillingham, then I went mental. I believe I swore profusely and made comments along the lines of "What's the fucking point in doing that now Horlock? Couldn't have done that 10 minutes ago could you, you useless twat". Well, something like that anyway. Once Dickov proved me wrong I've never underestimated City, I always feel we're capable of the seemingly impossible.

When Dzeko scored I was delighted and confused: I was sat down in the corner in block 142 and a rumour had gone round that Sunderland were drawing just before or after the goal. As a result (after finally getting to let off some steam with some goal celebrating) I desperately tried to ring a friend who I knew would be watching on Sky and would know all the scores. Reception was non existant however and I can still see I have my phone in my hand in press shots of Kun racing past me twirling his shirt in the crazy next few moments but by then It was all done and we were Champions! Crazy, crazy day of football which will never be topped in my experience I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.