I was annoyed when Dzeko equalised.

Was at home and thought "Typical City", when we got the winner I think I done 500 laps off the living room whilst screaming total nonsense, dogs shat themselves with the noise and done a runner.

City certainly put their fans through the mire but whilst that day was painful at times you could never have scripted how it would play out, I will never forget that vacant look on Fergies face whilst Mancini was losing the plot completely.

Whilst on this subject, Imagine if Sergio had missed that goal, the outcry he'd have got, given he could have went down for a stonewaller penalty.

My mind was a fog of swear words as the minutes were slipping away. We got the goal, 1 of 2, and i was still numb, not enough but not yet over.

I was at Wembley in 99 and it was the same then. We got the first of the two required and i just watched in a state of shock either way was typical city, the ultimate in victory or humiliating defeat. 99 was different in that we still had a lot to do although once we got to 2-2 i new they were done in psychologically and it was ours for the taking (even if it took penalties).

I was sat in level2 family stand(back row)& after balloonatelli had the chance from the corner which paddy Kenny saved I turned to my dad who sits next too me,my son& my brother &i quote"if we don't get something from this corner we've shit it"his reply &i quote was don't talk like a €w@€ they've made a pigs ear of it as usual " I replied spurs/Sunderland !! Even then when Edin scored he was the pessimist he's always been after50+ yrs of watching city I suppose he's entitled to be! I said we,ll suck the ball into that net !!! The rest is History never to be repeated as long as I have "a hole in my arse"aaaaaaaggggggggguuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo":-)

Bizarrely I didn't know Dzeko had scored till I knew we'd won, such was the state of my internet connection in the middle of Wales. With all the buffering I ended up about 5/6 minutes behind (whatever I tried to remedy it) and I was just sat there not really paying attention when I heard someone come out of their room laughing going "City have scored twice in injury time to win it", then I was glued to the laptop just desperate to know they weren't joking, and they weren't, and I was still delirious to the point where they heard me cheering and were like "somebody must be a City fan".

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Bizarrely I didn't know Dzeko had scored till I knew we'd won, such was the state of my internet connection in the middle of Wales. With all the buffering I ended up about 5/6 minutes behind (whatever I tried to remedy it) and I was just sat there not really paying attention when I heard someone come out of their room laughing going "City have scored twice in injury time to win it", then I was glued to the laptop just desperate to know they weren't joking, and they weren't, and I was still delirious to the point where they heard me cheering and were like "somebody must be a City fan".
They don't have radio in Wales then? If your internet connection was that bad (as it often is here), then cut your losses and put Radio 5 on.

jimharri said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
They don't have radio in Wales then? If your internet connection was that bad (as it often is here), then cut your losses and put Radio 5 on.

I didn't have a radio.

I went absolutely mental. I knew we were going to get another. Thankfully I was right!

I instantly checked my phone praying Sunderland had scored. I found it incomprehensible that we'd score 3, otherwise we already would have done.

How wrong I was...

Ever the optimist, I never believed we weren't going to win that game (probably because I couldn't bare it if we hadn't), even as late as it got. Don't get me wrong I couldn't believe it when we actually got the two late goals.

When Dzeko's went in I just had a feeling we'd get that one last chance to win it. I was sat on the front row near the other end of the pitch (behind where Aguero hit the winner from) and because we were all as fans dragged into the game that much, I completely lost track of the time which helped with the nerves. I couldn't believe it when I looked up and seen it was injury time when Dzeko scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.