I was annoyed when Dzeko equalised.

gladi8abod said:
I was sat in level2 family stand(back row)& after balloonatelli had the chance from the corner which paddy Kenny saved

I didn't particularly appreciate it at the time but, what I best remember about that particular save was thinking that it was one of the greatest saves I'd ever seen and wasn't that just typical of our luck.

Believe it or not, I know a United fan who is convinced that Paddy Kenny threw that game. Seriously!

You're a tad harsh on Mario, by the way. His introduction that day changed the game. They were terrified of him at the next corner, allowing Dzekoooooo to strike and well, you don't need me to tell you about his part in the third goal. Bear in mind, he was also motm in the 2011 Cup Final, too. A great player when he wants to be, is Mario.

rickmcfc said:
I couldn't get a ticket for the day, so me and a few mates went to mary D's to watch it. I lasted until the 70th minute and just couldn't stand it any more so se left and stood outside the stadium. 5 minutes later I just had to leave and go home. I was emotionally wrecked. I was in the back of a black cab just about to get on the M602. Me and my mate were sat there and we could hear the game in the radio very quietly. As we went up through the gears entering the start of the motorway at Ordsal roundabout, the taxi driver said "oh you have just scored". I looked at my mate, we made eye contact and just shook our heads, didn't even utter a word, we didn't need to. Sat in the outside lane of the M602, I stare at the meter, it was nearing £20. We had just gone underneath the famous Eccles Glass Bridge, and the taxi driver started saying "you've scored, you've scored". My mate mumbled to turn the radio up on full volume, I thought the driver was lying, and I would have punched the c**t in the face if he was. The radio went up, and then it hit us what had happened. The taxi was ordered to turn around, and back to the Etihad we went. So basically, the length of the M602 my life had changed. The start of it typical city had kicked in, by the end if it we were champions.

That story reminds me of a guy we met outside the stadium when we came out.

He'd driven up from London without a ticket, and couldn't obtain one on the day, so he sat outside.

Eventually, he'd had enough and decided to return home. Edin scored when he was on the Mancunian Way and just as he was passing the swamp Agüerooooooooooo happened.

So he decided to turn around, obviously. Otherwise, we wouldn't have met him!

It's strange, some of the moments from those last 10 minutes seem really clear and yet others blurry. Can remember the dzeko and being fuming that we were one goal away, after that my brother saying Gillingham to me and then aguero scoring, taking a couple of seconds to look at the linesman and then after that it's kind of difficult to remember!

One thing I recall from the last few minutes v QPR is looking around at other people in the crowd and seeing the look of absolute horror on their faces and realising that's what my face looked like too.

I remember thinking that I'd have a terrible memory to cope with for the rest of my life.

I know exactly what you mean Pam, I didn't even flinch for the goal. The 15 mins or so from there 2nd goal to the second before Aguero's goal were horrible horrible feelings that a football club shouldn't make you feel like. It's why football is the greatest game on the planet. I couldn't even breath in the stadium, I just wanted to get out and watch it back to make sure it was real.

I watched that match in The Green. Packed out with blues. Nobody reacted very much when Dzeko scored. It was just peope looking round at each other thinking "too little, too late". Complete pandemonium at the Aguero moment, though. If anybody's got any photos from in there from that day, or even better, a vid, if they could post them or send them in a PM, I'd really appreciate it. I have nothing except my memories (which will suffice till my dying day, need it be said…)

When we were 2-1 down girlfriend said I was sinking further into settee as if trying to hide, then Edin scored and I was on my hands and knees in front of TV. When Sergio scored I booted dining room door open and just legged it round house, remember thinking ill fix door tomorrow(ODD),then I just stood in front of TV and cried.

rickmcfc said:
I couldn't get a ticket for the day, so me and a few mates went to mary D's to watch it. I lasted until the 70th minute and just couldn't stand it any more so se left and stood outside the stadium. 5 minutes later I just had to leave and go home. I was emotionally wrecked. I was in the back of a black cab just about to get on the M602. Me and my mate were sat there and we could hear the game in the radio very quietly. As we went up through the gears entering the start of the motorway at Ordsal roundabout, the taxi driver said "oh you have just scored". I looked at my mate, we made eye contact and just shook our heads, didn't even utter a word, we didn't need to. Sat in the outside lane of the M602, I stare at the meter, it was nearing £20. We had just gone underneath the famous Eccles Glass Bridge, and the taxi driver started saying "you've scored, you've scored". My mate mumbled to turn the radio up on full volume, I thought the driver was lying, and I would have punched the c**t in the face if he was. The radio went up, and then it hit us what had happened. The taxi was ordered to turn around, and back to the Etihad we went. So basically, the length of the M602 my life had changed. The start of it typical city had kicked in, by the end if it we were champions.

great story that.
did you get in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.