I Wonder how many on here were at the 10-1 win against Hudd?

North Stand with 2 mates, we never lost the faith and still go together, a dull start and then we exploded, every shot we had on target seemed to go in.

Steveo said:
I was there. I remember thinking what an awesome player Paul Stewart was, and was gutted when he left us for Spurs!
paul stewart was the business..until paper talk went to his head..understandable i suppose.

the very next match after the 10-1 was birmingham at home..not much happening,kippax was quiet..then stewart from nowhere rifled in a superb 25 yarder..one of my fav players at the time..still not quite sure where his football career went wrong. great player,strong,fast direct,could dribble,head a ball well and a cannonball shot on him.

dennishasdoneit said:
Steveo said:
I was there. I remember thinking what an awesome player Paul Stewart was, and was gutted when he left us for Spurs!
paul stewart was the business..until paper talk went to his head..understandable i suppose.

the very next match after the 10-1 was birmingham at home..not much happening,kippax was quiet..then stewart from nowhere rifled in a superb 25 yarder..one of my fav players at the time..still not quite sure where his football career went wrong. great player,strong,fast direct,could dribble,head a ball well and a cannonball shot on him.

Do you remember that goal he scored at Bradford away, spun away from the defender near the half way line, outpaced their defence and smashed it in right in front of our fans. I think Bradford were league leaders at the time and we battered em 4-2

I was there.
I had moved to Yorkshire a few months before and there were a few Huddersfield fans who drank in my local so I gave 2 of them a lift to the match. They stood with me in the Kippax, poor sods, but left with about 20 mins to go. They were waiting at the car after the match and had to suffer me all the way back home. I also insisted that they take me into the pub to buy me a pint, so they had to endure that as well.
I recall that we also drew them away in the FAC that season, but that was a lot closer, with Gidman equalising for City in the last minute.

I was there, a lad started at my college who was over for 2 years from S.Africa, he loved his football n insisted we go to this game, wise move.

I remember there lot going mental when they pulled it back to 9-1, probably in a piss taking kinda way.

Was at Reading the week after which we won 2-0 with a Stewart brace, nowt compared to now but still good days.

Not me for reasons I cannot remember!

I remember the next game at Huddersfield though, think we won 3-0 or 3-1 and all the CITY fans singing where were you when we scored 10 holding both hands up at the yorkie fans.

Also remember playing Huddersfield when the Goat missed a sitter, it was during the foot and mouth outbreak and they were singing has the Goat got foot and mouth. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.