I Wonder how many on here were at the Denis Law 1-0 backheel

Balti said:
urmston said:
I was.

In the scoreboard end, not much more than 10 yards away from Denis when he scored.

pretty sure it was in front of the stretford end mate

and yes I was there

Nope, it wasn't at the stretford end- it was tuther one.

I was there, it was the score board end he scored at.

When the idiots came on the pitch we stood there laughing at the daft f*ckers, an apart from some long range verbal it didn`t get "Iinteresting" untill we got outside.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It was definitely scored at the Scoreboard End. We were in the Scoreboard Paddock and I was convinced I wasn't going to get out alive.
Correct - my abiding memory of that day was reds and blues twatting the shit out of each other as there was no segregation in the Scoreboard End in those days. Managed to sneak out after the second pitch invasion and jumped on a 71 bus with not a soul on it - straight home in no time!
I remember after the second pitch invasion a copper telling a group of us to get to the station now as they couldn't guarantee our safety much longer. So we did and I remember police battling with rags who were determined to twat us and fortunately they managed to hold them back long enough so we could get on the train. Even when we got back to Oxford Road safely we legged it to the car as fast as possible.

One of my mates locked himself in a toilet inside the swamp until it had all calmed down.

I was in the Stretford End Paddock, with a Rag mate. Does that make me well 'ard ? I controlled myself all match but when Denis scored I couldn't help jumping up in the air, as I came down he booted me in the thigh. Don't blame him really and as others have said I didn't think I would get out alive but as I was in the Paddock there was no real hard boys in there, they were all out on the pitch !!

I was only born in 1972 but as my Dad hated football I never got to go to football matches until the late 80's when I could afford to get myself there.

Sorry I missed it.

But I was there for Yaya's two goals and Wembley and the 1-6 at the swamp.

I'll remember these for posts like this in 20-years time hopefully ;-)

Went with a Rag from school who got me a ticket. He was crying. I just stood their with the words "yes" "yes" "yes" going through my head. It kicked off big time with the pitch invasion. Only time Ive been to the swamp. Dont want to go again

urmston said:
I was.

In the scoreboard end, not much more than 10 yards away from Denis when he scored.

I was right behind that goal as well.

Some rag nicked my scarf on Warwick Road station.

Went with 4 mates on the 53 bus....I was only 13 at the time. In the Scoreboard End and it was rough as fuck (and no I didn't cheer when Denis scored). I actually ended up on the pitch for my own safety at the end and saw a few reds from school who kept their mouths shut!...My mam heard about all the violence and was waiting at the top of our road when I got home!

Beswick Prize Bands Big Drum said:
Not at the swamp that day but I was behind the goal at Newcastle in 68

I was behind the goal at Newcastle aswell and in the scoreboard paddock for the backheel. Got back to Trafford Pk station and was pooing my pants. The rags would have thrown me under the train if they had known. The atmosphere on the station was frightening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.