Ian Wright

Not sure that’s entirely fair. A prerequisite of being a football pundit should be having the ability to articulate a coherent analysis of the game.

Sadly, not many of the main pundits have this ability. Instead that resort to hyperbolic click bait comments which angers fans.

Comparing Haaland to a League 2 player, saying Arsenal bottled it for losing to a good Aston Villa side, calling Chelsea the ‘billion pound bottle jobs’ and claiming that the penalty on Gvardiol was the worst penalty decision ever seen is just utter nonsense and deserves calling out.
It’s modern journalism. It’s shit all round, but that’s how money is made.

SWP a legend? A legend who fucked off at the first opportunity, yeah a fan favourite but a legend is pushing it mate.
I'm not sure I can add anything to what others have said - but I'll say:
I'm afraid you either weren't around during those dark days, or you have some form of amnesia. It was, unfortunately, a necessary sale - certainly not one that anyone associated with City (SWP included) wanted.
Legendary status isn't always about trophies won, sometimes it's simply going above and beyond for the club. SWP was a shining beacon for the club during his time with us

Last edited:
At least he doesn't hide his bias and refers to Arsenal as "us"...let's be honest, it was a soft penalty. Maybe it's because his son is a City legend, but I've always thought he's fair to City.

I'm sort of still having difficulty with this, having watched it over and over. I just don't see what's controversial about it. He wipes out Gvardiol. He doesn't touch the ball, and he knows very well he's not getting close to touching it. Yes, Gvardiol's momentum takes him into him. But he just bars his route, and wipes him out.
It's not important. We won 5-1. But apparently there was quite a lot of discussion about it on the media. Just really puzzled. We do get soft penalties, sometimes, and I try to be scrupulously fair on them. No denying it. This isn't one of them.

SWP a legend? A legend who fucked off at the first opportunity, yeah a fan favourite but a legend is pushing it mate.
He was forced out of the club because we didn't have a pot to piss in. Dragged away from a pre season game practically in tears to sign a contract he didn't want to for the good of the club. Dont re write history because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.