Ian Wright

He was decent but a bit like Alan Smith he's become delusional since Arsenal got involved in the title race.

'Worst penalty decision' he's ever seen when the Arsenal one was far worse. Gvardiol wasn't faking the contact, he was clattered, it may not have been a pen but there was contact that caused both players to feel it.

Havertz deliberately initiates contact, that dive was far worse.

SWP a legend? A legend who fucked off at the first opportunity, yeah a fan favourite but a legend is pushing it mate.
I don't remember it that way at all.

I remember him being crestfallen at having to join Chelsea and his less than enthusiastic interviews at the time hold weight to that argument. I remember him being overjoyed when City won the title in 2012, and the fact he has appeared on City TV multiple times and been present at trophy parades suggests that maybe you might want to cut the guy a bit of slack over a transfer he was pretty much coerced into following through.

As for Ian Wright, he's an ex-Arsenal player turned pundit and fan, who's not afraid to declare his allegiences. I don't expect him to wax lyrical about how great City are. All I want from pundits is for them to be factual about their criticisms and not weigh in on false info.

I don't remember it that way at all.

I remember him being crestfallen at having to join Chelsea and his less than enthusiastic inerviews at the time hold weight to that argument. I remember him being overjoyed when City won the title in 2012, and the fact he has appeared on City TV multiple times and been present at trophy parades suggests that maybe you might want to cut the guy a bit of slack over a transfer he was pretty much coerced into following through.

Always on the youtube channel with Lescott/Curle and Dickov to mention a few others. ALWAYS bigging City up in every way he can.

People maybe get confuddled with what his gobshite dad said after 2008, but I remember no acrimony between blues and SWP at all ever.

Really? He had.no choice tbh, club was fucked and needed the money. Legend to me anyway.
And me.Never shirked a tackle,gave hid all home and away ,never hid often looked both our most skilful and determined player and deservedly stood out at a time when our team wasn't very good.

His game moved up a level,imo, under Keegan whose all out attack policy with Berkovic and Bernarbia in midfield brought out the very best in him..Fans watching us play then will remember how loud we sung his name and the effort he put in to earn that respect.

Was gutted when he left .

I'll always remember it took "Shauney Wright Wright Wright " about 20 games to score his 1st goal for us ,as he lacked confidence and often dragged his shots wide,always low pile drivers but just off target.

It was typical of the player ,and typical City at the time that he chose to score his 1st ever goal for us in a midweek win away at Millwall, at the original Old Den , a far more intimidating ground then at the time than the plastic new den.,so most City fans missed it ! Millwall gave Swp the usual abuse and he responded ,in kind,on the pitch.

Great player for us.

Last edited:
Really? He had.no choice tbh, club was fucked and needed the money. Legend to me anyway.
This is all true but I don’t remember the ins and outs being fully understood at the time. Some back then did think he’d fucked us off for a big money move that didn’t pay off with all that time he spent on the bench at Chelsea. The full picture about how little choice he had and how sad he was to leave came out in dribs and drabs later. Great shame because he was a class act, one of the players who gave us back our pride and while his move saved our bacon it was to his personal detriment, so we owe him a debt. I remember MEN covering him even when he was in the academy and how class he was. That derby goal alone is legendary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.