Ian Wright

SWP a legend? A legend who fucked off at the first opportunity, yeah a fan favourite but a legend is pushing it mate.

Was forced out as the club needed the money and has himself said he was crying in the car on his way to Chelsea, he didn’t want to leave City that much.

So you might want to delete that comment.

At least he doesn't hide his bias and refers to Arsenal as "us"...let's be honest, it was a soft penalty. Maybe it's because his son is a City legend, but I've always thought he's fair to City.

Exactly.

Of course he’s going to want Arsenal to win the league, it’d be very weird if he didn’t. But he’s always been fair about City and given his son is a club legend, I think Wrighty “gets” us.

Seems a good man with a moral compass as well and does a lot for inner city kids and the like.

Exactly.

Of course he’s going to want Arsenal to win the league, it’d be very weird if he didn’t. But he’s always been fair about City and given his son is a club legend, I think Wrighty “gets” us.

Seems a good man with a moral compass as well and does a lot for inner city kids and the like.
He said that we got a penalty that shouldn’t have been one, therefore all the above is forgotten and he becomes a 100% ****.

We all know the rules.

Lol it was a bit soft and had it been the other way round the matchday thread would’ve made Ric’s server explode.
Exactly. I got it from a couple of posters too. I said it wasn’t a penalty, not that I wasn’t glad that it was given.

It’s just the way of the world. Anyone criticises anything of the club they support, then ultra defensive, aggressive whataboutery is engaged.

Wright only has two more weeks of MOTD and he’ll only be seen on podcasts. He’ll be largely forgotten about then.

And me.Never shirked a tackle,gave his all home and away ,never his, often looked both our most skilful and determined player and deservedly stood out at a time when our team wasn't very good.

His game moved up a level,imo, under Keegan whose all out attack policy with Berkovic and Bernarbia in midfield brought out the very best in him..Fans watching us play then will remember how loud we sung his name and the effort he put in to earn that respect.

Was gutted when he left .

I'll always remember it took "Shauney Wright Wright Wright " about 20 games to score his 1st goal for us ,as he lacked confidence and often dragged his shots wide,always low pile drivers but just off target.

It was typical of the player ,and typical City at the time that he chose to score his 1st ever goal for us in a midweek win away at Millwall, at the original Old Den , a far more intimidating ground then at the time than the plastic new denv.,so most City fans missed it ! Millwall gave Swp the usual abuse and he responded ,in kind,on the pitch.

Great player for us.
Great post mate but it was at the New Den, although City fans were banned from attending that night. I know a few who still went anyway. I took the shithouse route and watched the screening on the concourse of the Kippax!

Exactly. I got it from a couple of posters too. I said it wasn’t a penalty, not that I wasn’t glad that it was given.

It’s just the way of the world. Anyone criticises anything of the club they support, then ultra defensive, aggressive whataboutery is engaged.

Wright only has two more weeks of MOTD and he’ll only be seen on podcasts. He’ll be largely forgotten about then.

Not sure that’s entirely fair. A prerequisite of being a football pundit should be having the ability to articulate a coherent analysis of the game.

Sadly, not many of the main pundits have this ability. Instead that resort to hyperbolic click bait comments which angers fans.

Comparing Haaland to a League 2 player, saying Arsenal bottled it for losing to a good Aston Villa side, calling Chelsea the ‘billion pound bottle jobs’ and claiming that the penalty on Gvardiol was the worst penalty decision ever seen is just utter nonsense and deserves calling out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.