Ibra..would you have him yes or no?

too many people get hung up on age, Wayne Rooney at 31? yea he will be past it. (he already is at 27)
Fucking karate blackbelt Zlatan will still be in peak physical condition at 35+

blightee said:
too many people get hung up on age, Wayne Rooney at 31? yea he will be past it. (he already is at 27)
Fucking karate blackbelt Zlatan will still be in peak physical condition at 35+
Agree and Ibra was never about his pace anyway.

If you never had it, you can't lose it.

The guy is an incredible player, and if he came here it would be instant success. But is that success worth the aggro? The guys ego is huge and he is a loose cannon. He feels he is that good that he can just do as he pleases and it could disrupt the team. But to all these people spouting age as a reason not to sign him, Yaya Toure is now 30, 1 year younger than Ibrahimovic and we've just tied him down for another few years, should he not play in our team cause he is 'old'? End of the day, a signing like this would be unrealistic cause it doesn't fit with our new approach. But I can see him leaving, he won't like the arrival of Cavani that's for sure.

Lancet Fluke said:
Hart of the matter said:
Drogba was still awesome at 34, too many get hung up on age. He is and will be good to go for a few years yet.

Surely when a club is assessing which players to buy, they weigh everything up and try to eliminate as many elements of risk as possible. Of course any transfer can end up being a disaster for one reason or another no matter how good a player's track record or character is but the more elements of risk you avoid the more chance there is of the transfer being a success. You say Drogba was awesome at 34 but how many players are not awesome at 34, how many start going down hill once they get into their 30's? Shevchenko came over here at about 30 and looked like his legs had gone. So who knows?The point is that it is just an utter unknown. Chelsea already had Drogba on their books and he was still very good so they still played him. Would they have signed him at that stage of his career for a large fee and on huge wages? Probably not. It's not like we'd be getting Ibrahimovic on a free and putting him on a 1 year contract to see how he gets on. He'd be on a 3 or 4 year contract on proper enormous wages and in 12 months time he could easily be shot to pieces. It would be fucking nuts imo when we aren't prepared to pay top dollar for the top players in their mid-twenties.

Good points well made. But did you see him last season. I also believe that his Marshall Arts training, like Giggs yoga will stand him in good stead. 2-3 years at 17m plus very high wages is no more than a gamble of 30m on an unproven 20 yr old that seem so popular at the moment. Plus he is marketable and has a world wide profile. Sorted.

It seems like too many people have been playing Fifa 13 career mode lately. Just because a player is 31 it does not mean that he will automatically start to go on his way down.

Zlatan played better for PSG than he ever has done for any other of his previous clubs. He is in PEAK physical condition. Probably fitter than quite a lot of people 5 years younger. He is an incredible finisher, powerful and his work rate is much better than it used to be. Also his 'attitude' should not be a problem at all. Pellegrini is a good man manager with all his experience with the likes of Cristiano etc. Thank goodness Pellegrini is interested in him.

Also, Ibra is fluent in Spanish (Kun, Silva, Jesus, Javi, D.Suarez), Bosnian (so hopefully will get on well with Dzeko) and English obviously is pretty much everyone.

Not to mention this guy is a 6ft 5 BEAST. I'd like to see that fag stoke defender Shawcross even try to over power him.

Saif1994 said:
It seems like too many people have been playing Fifa 13 career mode lately. Just because a player is 31 it does not mean that he will automatically start to go on his way down.

Zlatan played better for PSG than he ever has done for any other of his previous clubs. He is in PEAK physical condition. Probably fitter than quite a lot of people 5 years younger. He is an incredible finisher, powerful and his work rate is much better than it used to be. Also his 'attitude' should not be a problem at all. Pellegrini is a good man manager with all his experience with the likes of Cristiano etc. Thank goodness Pellegrini is interested in him.

Also, Ibra is fluent in Bosnian (so hopefully will get on well with Dzeko) and English obviously.

Not to mention this guy is a 6ft 5 BEAST. I'd like to see that fag stoke defender Shawcross even try to over power him.

Great post. The thought of Shawcross trying to bully Ibra just made me chuckle ;).

No question about his ability

But he plays for himself. The team has to revolve around him. I don't think a coach like Pellegrini would like that

I agree...if we can get him on a good deal then it would makes sense but reports of 250k a week would be crazy thing to do...for that we could pay Pepe, Jovetic, Negredo and still have change! ;)

Kind regards

Blue Hefner said:
He's 31 not 51, the way people are talking its like he needs a zimmer frame to walk never mind play!

I view this similar to the Pepe deal, very good player with lots of top level experience who would walk into our team but only if the price is right. 18mil with 150k-a-week wages on a 3yr deal and its a no brainer. But if we are talking the kind of money he is on at PSG the no thanks

Marvin said:
No question about his ability

But he plays for himself. The team has to revolve around him. I don't think a coach like Pellegrini would like that
Might play for himself, but he has won titles in every single club he played in. Dutch champion with Ajax, italian champ with Juve, Inter and Milan, spanish champ with Barca, french champ with PSG...

It won't happen, he just doesn't fit in really.

If he did though , we'd absolutely walk the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.