Ibra..would you have him yes or no?

Mountaineer said:
He actually did try to play for Bosina-Herzegovina but at the time the hacks at the Bosnian FA did not see his potential and Ibra ended up with Sweden.
Sorry, but this is so not true. Why would you make something like that up?
Zlatan isn't an immigrant. He was born and raised in Sweden.

Fast forward to 12:30 in this interview: https://vimeo.com/39843294

PapiChulo said:
Ibra would be fantastic even at his age.

His age isn't a problem at all. He has kept improving year by year. Each season he's raised the bar. And, especially after the time in Barca, he's matured a lot. He's much more of a team player and a playmaker and relies more on intelligence and vision than speed. He's one of few strikers who are just as happy making an assist as scoring. And he's a physical beast. A monster. 100 kg muscles. If he wants to he can have at least 3-4 more years at the top.

Yes, he still gets a red card or two every season for something completely unnecessary, but usually that just means well deserved rest in a couple of games.

Here's an awesome recent French documentary. No need to know French to enjoy it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w_-8IBLPBA[/youtube]

Hanzan2013 said:
Mountaineer said:
He actually did try to play for Bosina-Herzegovina but at the time the hacks at the Bosnian FA did not see his potential and Ibra ended up with Sweden.

If your parents are from different countries you can play for either.... Being an immigrant is irrelevant (even if he isn't one)

Bluemanc100 said:
If your parents are from different countries you can play for either.... Being an immigrant is irrelevant (even if he isn't one)
The info is still not true. He never tried to play for another country.

Bluemanc100 said:
Hanzan2013 said:
Mountaineer said:

Yup.

And yes, what I wrote is true. The corrupt and feeble Bosnian FA at the time didn't think he was worthy of the A squad. Some made mocking comments like "he's more suited for basketball".

His father Sefik personally contacted the Bosnian FA and asked for Zlatan to get a chance.

Mountaineer said:
Bluemanc100 said:
His father Sefik personally contacted the Bosnian FA and asked for Zlatan to get a chance.

What does Zlatan say?

"That's an old story. Also Bosnia talked about me playing for them. My mom is from Bosnia and my dad from Croatia, but I am 100% Swedish and very proud of that. It's never been an issue or something we even discussed."

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/landslagsfotboll/ovrigalandslag/article14458343.ab

I think Ibrahimovic's quality is beyond doubt. He's got a ridiculous league record (10 wins in 12 seasons or something) and there's no reason to suggest he couldn't replicate that in the PL - he's strong and big so he'd obviously handle the physicality etc....his age isn't too big of a problem for me because he's got at least three strong years ahead of him. He'd also be available for a relatively reasonable price (compared to what Cavani cost) now PSG signed another star striker.

My only reservation is that when I've watched some of the various teams he's played for - Inter, Barca, AC, PSG and Sweden - it's like he either makes the whole team play around him or he's almost a bystander and makes the team look disjointed (at Barca he didn't fit the system and stuck out like a sore thumb).

Under Pellegrini we'll probably be playing a faster paced game and I'm not sure this would suit Ibrahimovic as much as Mancini's City. I think someone's made a similar point about him being a Mancini-type player and perhaps not a Pellegrini one (where players adapt and conform to a system and football philosophy).

So there's that but then the pros of a potential transfer for us are pretty exciting. Between he and Aguero our strike-partnership would have everything.

Hanzan2013 said:
Mountaineer said:
Bluemanc100 said:

What does Zlatan say?

"That's an old story. Also Bosnia talked about me playing for them. My mom is from Bosnia and my dad from Croatia, but I am 100% Swedish and very proud of that. It's never been an issue or something we even discussed."

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/landslagsfotboll/ovrigalandslag/article14458343.ab
I've seen that quote a million times. That's what Ibra says NOW as an adult because that's what his Swedish fans want to hear. This is what every footballer says once they've decided for a club or a nation: "there was never any doubt, I always wanted this!", even after it took them months to decide. The reality is Bosnia rejected him at first, and then later when he showed his talent, they attempted to call him up for some crappy tournament in Asia but it was too late.

His own father confirmed what I said. He personally called the FA and he wanted Zlatan to get a chance. He stated that both he and Zlatan had a wish to play for Bosnia-Herzegovina. He was a teenager at the time. This story is well known and those FA people never lived down their mistake. I'd paste the full quote from his father but it's not in English so I won't. You can still doubt it if you wish, but I'm done talking about it since this is not what the thread is about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.