Ibra

nick.nikky said:
It's really, really unlikely you will ever see Roberto paying over the odds for any player above 25 though and I doubt Ibrahimovic will be an exception to the rule. Perhaps if they offered him on a loan he would consider paying the wages, but that's about it. Maybe - maybe - if the offered him on a deal significantly lower than what they paid or something where City could get rid of Robbie in the process - he'd MIGHT make an exception.

Ex:

Julio Cesar - joined at 25.
Maicon - 24.
Ibrahimovic - 24.
Kolarov - 24.
Silva - 24.
Balotelli - 20.
Boyata - 21.
Milner - 24.

... all relatively unestablished (at the time) and highly talented. Hernan Crespo (at 31) came on a loan and was later hired on a free. Etc. Buys like RSC I couldn't imagine happening in a million years.

I quite like this frame of mind actually.

Have big hopes for the investments and efforts in the Academy to be the primary resource now that the young core mostly listed here is starting to take shape.

i8rags said:
malg said:
Just posted on another thread that Barcelona have asked us to make a bid for Ibra (according to talkSPORT). Interesting if true.
get him and give them robbie, simples.

The issue here is whether Ibra wants to play for City. I havn't got the impression that Ibra has something against the PL or City as such, but one of his main goals in his career is to win the CL. He has 4-5 years tops left as a world-class player. I don't think he want to throw away one of those years in a club that doesn't have a cl-spot.

malg said:
Just posted on another thread that Barcelona have asked us to make a bid for Ibra (according to talkSPORT). Interesting if true.

Now this would cause me a problem, iv just had Silva on the back of my home shirt.

Home - Silva
Away - Balo or Yaya or Ibra
3rd - Tevez

Too close to call on the away shirt.

He would be an immense signing, but id rather us get another cb to partner Kompany, unless Kolos form from saturday was not just a flash in the pan and we are about to see the best from him now little brothers here!

dais4773 said:
i8rags said:
get him and give them robbie, simples.

The issue here is whether Ibra wants to play for City. I havn't got the impression that Ibra has something against the PL or City as such, but one of his main goals in his career is to win the CL. He has 4-5 years tops left as a world-class player. I don't think he want to throw away one of those years in a club that doesn't have a cl-spot.

We will win the Chumps in that time so no problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.