Ibra

lee-mcfc said:
Damocles said:
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Scoring goals in a professional football team "isn't really that difficult" if you have world class players around you? In fact, "anyone could do it". This is why Eto'o scored LESS than Ibra in every season at Barca apart from on, when he played twenty games more. Oh, and more than Henry too. In fact, in goals to minute ratio, Ibra has the best record in the entire history of FC Barcelona, but it's all a massive fluke and really he's shit

Seriously, the leap of logic it takes to think this is so massive that I am actually surprised that you can simultaneously breath and type.

why do you get so angry if people disagree with your opinions?

I don't, I get angry at supreme head-in-the-sand stupidity.

As I say, goals to minutes ratio Ibra is the best IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF BARCA (and they have top history of stikers). He's won 8 back to back titles, across several different clubs, across 3 different countries. He's been picked in the European wide team of the year twice. How anybody can tell me that Ibra isn't world class is ridiculous. It's like saying that Maradona wasn't world class because he never won the European Cup.

MCFC BOB said:
O'Shea

Premier League (4): 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
FA Cup (1): 2003–04
Football League Cup (3): 2005–06, 2008–09 2009–10
FA Community Shield (4): 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010
UEFA Champions League (1): 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Stupid argument. Ibra has been the most important attacking player in, at the very least, four of the last eight seasons.

Ibra is a winner. He does have his weaknesses but he has matured alot since his first season at Inter. When discussing Ibra's character it seems like most of you are still hung up on the Ibra of five years ago.

Anyways, here's hoping Milan sells him so we can regain the championship next year.

Josh Blue said:
He would flop in the prem, I hope we avoid this myth of a player.

He's not a myth when you look at that record. I'll admit I don't know a huge amount about him - but it's interesting that people I do know have said some discouraging things about the player and consider him overrated despite his record.

Mancini has worked with him so he'll be able to make an informed decision about his suitability in a blue shirt.

Damocles said:
lee-mcfc said:
why do you get so angry if people disagree with your opinions?

I don't, I get angry at supreme head-in-the-sand stupidity.

As I say, goals to minutes ratio Ibra is the best IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF BARCA (and they have top history of stikers). He's won 8 back to back titles, across several different clubs, across 3 different countries. He's been picked in the European wide team of the year twice. How anybody can tell me that Ibra isn't world class is ridiculous. It's like saying that Maradona wasn't world class because he never won the European Cup.

Can I just say he was only at Barca for one season, which means it's not really comparable to strikers who were there for several seasons, and he did go through a bad patch too, but it's still a very impressive record.

I don't rate him as world class, I think he's at the level below at very good, very talented but just hasn't gone and smacked 40 goals in and won his team the Champions League like Messi and Ronaldo have done.

and 2bh Damocles, he has been playing in the best team's for the last 8 years, you can't argue with that.

Damo, you're wasting your time.

I'd be quite surprised to find that those slating Ibra have seen 90mins of him between them let alone each.

Just because a player doesn't score a hat trick of over head kicks in the 4 minutes you watch them on ITV doesn't mean they're not a world class talent.

Damocles, you may be best waiting for me to publish my controversial paper on Football Manager and Fifa/Pro Evo in which I argue that they are responsible for turning the modern fan into a curious combination of a know it all and a fuckwit.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't rate him as world class, I think he's at the level below at very good, very talented but just hasn't gone and smacked 40 goals in and won his team the Champions League like Messi and Ronaldo have done.

You mention Messi and that other player - but how many players have world class status over others? 10? 20? Obviously there's not going to be a set number or anything. Just those who are good enough.

Finding the next Ibrahimovic is the way forwards, IMHO. Not just throwing money at names to come ply their trade in a Blue shirt. Evolve.

peoffrey said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

You mention Messi and that other player - but how many players have world class status over others? 10? 20? Obviously there's not going to be a set number or anything. Just those who are good enough.

Finding the next Ibrahimovic is the way forwards, IMHO. Not just throwing money at names to come ply their trade in a Blue shirt. Evolve.

Handful of world class players imo, with those 2 at the top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.