Ibrahimovic

Solihull Samba Boys said:
Real Madrid's bit-part winger Royston Drenthe reckons Ibrahimovic is on his way there.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/05/04/Serie-ALiga-Drenthe-on-Ibrahimovic/gnid-51523/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Foo ... nid-51523/</a>

After seeing that shambles on saturday night I'd have thought the last thing they would be looking for is a languid striker, however if indeed Real are willing to spend a significant amount on Ibra, does that pave the way for Kaká's arrival at the Blue Camp? I know a bloke who works in IT at Carrington and last time we spoke (around a month ago) he told me there are still e-mails flying about between City and Milan regarding Kaká. There were also rumours on this site last week that City had held talks with AC Milan, although i don't know if anyone can confirm this.

Kaká or Ibrahimovic then?

It's somehow seemed to be the thought for several years that Real is really where Ibra wants to go. Think his agent envoked their name a few years back while negotiating a contract, think that was only just because of that, but this time Real does seem to be top of the list. Can't see how they can get both Ibra and Tranny/Kaka though.

Personally I'd rather have Ibra than Kaka. Other than my I suppose pretty obvious Swedish-bias, we need a tall and powerful striker much more than an attacking midfielder.

I agree 100% that they can't afford to buy two big-money galacticos. I suppose the presidential elections will have a big say in what happens but on sunday Ronaldive said he no longer wants to join Real (can't blame him after saturday night). I agree that we do need a top striker ahead of a playmaker, however Kaká is undoubtedly one of the best players in the world, and could fit into the current system quite easily, possible team for next season then:

Given

Zabaleta/G.Johnson/S.Ramos, Kompany, Pepe/Lescott/Chiellini/Alex/Ivanovic, Bridge

De Jong

SWP, Ireland, Kaká, Robinho

Any striker from the 100 we've been linked with

I agree 100% that they can't afford to buy two big-money galacticos. I suppose the presidential elections will have a big say in what happens but on sunday Ronaldive said he no longer wants to join Real (can't blame him after saturday night). I agree that we do need a top striker ahead of a playmaker, however Kaká is undoubtedly one of the best players in the world, and could fit into the current system quite easily, possible team for next season then:

Given

Zabaleta/G.Johnson/S.Ramos, Kompany, Pepe/Lescott/Chiellini/Alex/Ivanovic, Bridge

De Jong

SWP, Ireland, Kaká, Robinho

Any striker from the 100 we've been linked with

hugely overated and he would suffer more than schevchenko did at chelski...........

leave well alone please city

ussy said:
uwerosler28 said:
VASTLY OVERRATED! would have a similar impact to that of berbatov at the swamp
lol??? do you ever watch the italian league or are you just judging him on how well he played against the rags???? hes fuckin world class...

no he aint world class.......he has the talent no doubt.....but no consistancy needed to be world class. hes a 1 in 10 game performer....the reason he was so highly rated is because that 1 game he would look fookin immense

Bluebeer said:
ussy said:
uwerosler28 said:
lol??? do you ever watch the italian league or are you just judging him on how well he played against the rags???? hes fuckin world class...

no he aint world class.......he has the talent no doubt.....but no consistancy needed to be world class. hes a 1 in 10 game performer....the reason he was so highly rated is because that 1 game he would look fookin immense

Bollocks! 21 goals and 7 assists in 31 league games this season. What, think he's shit all the time then scores 7 goals and sets up another 2-3 every ten games?

Ibrahimovic is definitely world class and I'd have him here in a heartbeat. I can't believe there is a single city fan who wouldn't want him.

Still don't think he'd come though. Strikes me as the type of player who would only come if we're an established Champions league side.

Zlatan is very similar to Berbatoss,but is undoubtably the better of the 2.On his day he is untouchable,just he's quite tempremental.Would be an expensive gamble IMO.

Bluebeer said:
ussy said:
uwerosler28 said:

I think you will find he has been very consistant for Inter. Agree, he has not done too much in Europe but still a class player for me. Also, you have to ask why is he the highest paid player in the world and why he is constantly linked to all the top clubs in Europe. Superb talent.

GoForGlory said:
Bluebeer said:
ussy said:
uwerosler28 said:

Bollocks! 21 goals and 7 assists in 31 league games this season. What, think he's shit all the time then scores 7 goals and sets up another 2-3 every ten games?

Agree, the guy is very consistance infact. When he first came to Juve he was a young talented attacker with potential, he was a bit inconsistant specially in he's 2nd season with Juve but in the past two seasons he's been incredibly consistant. Week in week out he bang goals and gives assists.

People who say he's not world class usually watched him when Inter were knocked out from the champions league and when the "whole" team doesn't perform.

Mourinho is not an amature manager and he has a great eyes for players, and he said two weeks ago that Ibra is the best player that he ever worked with in he's career !! He even was asked about Drogba and if he's better than Ibra and he said that Ibra is definately the better player. As he said that Ibra is a complete attacker who doesn't just score goals but rather give assists and score goals.

I don't like he's egoo and am not a fan of him but one thing is for sure the guy is a top striker.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.